Go Pro Hero 4 Silver freezes between 22 - 30 seconds

It gets even crazier... The freeze now only happens in 1440P/48 mode. I suspect the 1080/60 freeze from this morning to be rather coincidence. 1440P/24 and 30 works just fine.

Got the same stuff going on with my gopro hero4 silver.. Just wanting to share my findings in hopes it helps.. Hero 4 silver on phantom 2.. I can film 1080 @ 30 fps and 1440 @ 30 fps.. Once I go up on fps I have issues.. I can record without being hooked to phantom without issue.. I plugged in a regular USB cable and record without issue. Once I plug in my FPV USB wire it's good for a few seconds then freezes completely until I pull the battery.. I isolated the charging portion of my gimbal so no power is going into the camera and it still freezes.. I even removed the USB from the gimbal so no wires were going into the USB head and plugged in and allowed to record. After about a min it froze again..

I have the same issue at times with my Hero4 Black, but it happens when not attached to my P2. For some reason it decides to just freeze up, so bad that I have to pop the battery out. It's happened both before and after the latest firmware update. I thought it was due to not using a "recommended" microSD card, so I bought one from their list. It's been better, but I had it freeze on me last weekend while filming video in the NASCAR garage in New Hampshire. Was upset because I didn't realize it froze and thought I had some good footage.

But so far I've had good luck with it on my P2/H4-3D.

My silver is going in for a replacement with GoPro this monday. I truly hope this will not occur with the new one.

I have a video showing the problem here:

As the pb appears this morning I have done some test: I have tested 1440p 30/48 fps, 2.7K, 4K, 1080p 60/30 fps, video + photo.

The pb is restricted to 1440p 48fps only

My equipment is a P2, Zenmuse H3-3d, Hero 4 Silver (OSD ON/OFF) Immersionrc 5.8 Ghz, flysight black pearl, normal stick antenas and mushroom fastshark.

Only "solution" is to avoid 1440p at 48 fps.

Hi! Does the replacement solved the problem?
I'm sorry for the late reply. So I got my GoPro Hero 4 Silver replaced by GoPro. After I did some tests it seemed that finally the problem was solved. Atleast that what I thought... Last week took out the drone again, started flying and filming at 1440 at 48fps.. Only to find out that the camera had frozen again...

So until now unfortunately no solution!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl