Skyzone goggles

Reaction score
Anybody using these goggles with the P4
If so can you give me some feed back.
Are hey any good?

Looking at the specs of these goggles(V+), I feel these are not the ideal goggles for P3/P4 because of the following:

1. You pay for the antenna assemblies which are not needed by P3/P4. Antenna assemblies will make them heavier.

2. They offer 480p resolution for each eye, thus degrade the 720p resolution output at HDMI module.

3. As they have built in screens, you can't use apps like Litchi easily unless tablet has HDMI output port.

4. Good thing about them is that you can buy accessories to use these googles with other aircrafts by adding video transmission.

These are my views.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Per Timmermann
Looking at the specs of these goggles(V+), I feel these are not the ideal goggles for P3/P4 because of the following:

1. You pay for the antenna assemblies which are not needed by P3/P4. Antenna assemblies will make them heavier.

2. They offer 480p resolution for each eye, thus degrade the 720p resolution output at HDMI module.

3. As they have built in screens, you can't use apps like Litchi easily unless tablet has HDMI output port.

4. Good thing about them is that you can buy accessories to use these googles with other aircrafts by adding video transmission.

These are my views.

Well thank you sir i value your input
Ron

These are my views.

What would you recommend for fpv ? I already have added the HDMI to my P4

I wanted to know what DJI has to offer, though I understand its goggle won't support HDMI. Let it come out.

There are many others available, lets wait for a while. For me FatShark etc are too primitive.

I wanted to know what DJI has to offer, though I understand its goggle won't support HDMI. Let it come out.

There are many others available, lets wait for a while. For me FatShark etc are too primitive.
Yea i am with you on that fat shark is not true hd from what i have read

Headplay gets pretty good reviews. And at $250. It does 720p. Dominator HD apparently does 800x600, which is good, but they cost $650.

Are any of them true HD? I think that SVGA is the best available (800x600).

IIUC, DJI's goggles will be true HD at 1080p. Apparently Occusync allows for that. My only question would be what kind of lag that comes with.

for now I'm using the Fat Shark dominator v3 goggles, they work fine for me, on my P4 I don't know about true HDMI but they are extremely clear to me!, but I will have the DJI goggles for the Mavic when I get it, I'm hoping within 2 months,,,

I have the headplays and I like them. The image is good but not excelent, they look gooffy but are comfortable and light (under one pound). They really are emersive and my friends love to go along for the ride. The telemetry on top and bottom of the screen is good. For me the price was right.

I got my Fat Shark dominator v4 cost 480, on Amazon, and included the HDMI module from DJI,,,,

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Everything I've read says that head tracking wasn't possible on the p4,,,? Is that correct? And if not how's it achieved?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Has anyone tried these Yuneec SkyView goggles? They look nicer than my Headplay goggles, and they use the same HDMI cable with a 720 screen. I'm just not sure about the diopler adjustment support these would have, if any.

upload_2016-12-2_22-29-24.png

upload_2016-12-2_22-31-50.png

upload_2016-12-2_22-33-9.png

Last edited:
Has anyone tried these Yuneec SkyView goggles? They look nicer than my Headplay goggles, and they use the same HDMI cable with a 720 screen. I'm just not sure about the diopler adjustment support these would have, if any.

View attachment 69941
View attachment 69942
View attachment 69943
Yes, I just bought one off Ebay. Brand New still sealed in box, $175. Very nice goggles. Very similar to the Eachines Goggle One, but the viewing distance is a lot better. I can almost use these without reading glasses. However, these accommodate reading glasses, unlike the Goggle One, which were made for a child's face.

Yes, I just bought one off Ebay. Brand New still sealed in box, $175. Very nice goggles. Very similar to the Eachines Goggle One, but the viewing distance is a lot better. I can almost use these without reading glasses. However, these accommodate reading glasses, unlike the Goggle One, which were made for a child's face.
Yeah, I bought some too, but I'm bummed about the fit. There's a sharp edge that hits my nose, very painful. My nose is pretty average too. I had to send mine back to Amazon. Your ebay purchase may have been the same problem for the seller.

Here's a report that I put together, comparing to Headplay, which I've had for 6mos.

I just notices the picture in the previous post has a different face cushion, which is likely the problem with the ones I got. The face cushion looks thinner, which would explain the plastic hitting my nose.

Here's a photo from previous post.

upload_2016-12-9_18-7-39.png

Here's the Yuneec goggle I got below. Notice the difference in face cushion. They got cheap and didn't test the new cushions on people. However, it the goggle lens if farther away, this hinders seeing the telemetry data even more than normal, which is a problem.

upload_2016-12-9_18-9-31.png

Last edited:
Your ebay purchase may have been the same problem for the seller.
I doubt it. The box was sealed and was never opened or tampered with.
Mine came with pads for the nose area, too. It was on the backside of the instruction manual.

20161209_222017_1.jpg

However, it the goggle lens if farther away, this hinders seeing the telemetry data even more than normal, which is a problem.
This is not an issue outputting/mirroring from the Nvidia Shield K1 to the goggles. Using these goggles is like looking at a 24" monitor from about 2 feet away.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31