Signal lost on p3 advanced.

Reaction score
okay, so basically my new (second hand) phantom 3 advanced has been having a bunch of issues since i bought it, the most recent of which is it permanently saying "signal lost" on my phone (gs7). I have tried updating firmware and relinking the controller, neither of which had any success. This issues happens when the drone isnt in flight and no matter where my drone is. Before this issue, i experienced extremely choppy video streaming to the controller. I was wondering if this is a hardware issue ( i would then return it to the retailer) or is it a fixable software issue.

Few things we need to know

* is it an urban area your flying around

* distance and height your doing when it loses signal

* firmware and app version your using

* flying stock or using antenna range boosters (the slide on ones)

* is all your firmware up to date and matches up to the controller

* is all apps not running in the background

Let us know mate and we can round it down for you

Few things we need to know

* is it an urban area your flying around

* distance and height your doing when it loses signal

* firmware and app version your using

* flying stock or using antenna range boosters (the slide on ones)

* is all your firmware up to date and matches up to the controller

* is all apps not running in the background

Let us know mate and we can round it down for you

*it happens no matter where i fly it and even when it isnt in flight.

*it doesnt matter what height it's at, it never has a stable connection, the video is extremely choppy and always cuts out

*app is at 3.1.23 firmware is at the most recent version

*nothing else running in the background

I had similar issue and nobody knew what it was
It got better when I updated to the most recent go app but I see you did that too
Other thing I've heard is to log out of your dji account and log back in.
Mine would get the signal lost in flight and nothing showed up on the Airdata site but you say yours does it even on the ground
Have you done compass calibration?

I had bought an Phantom 3 Advanced in 2015. Full disclosure - I just opened it to fly. I charged the batteries, installed the software on the phone and flew for a bit, video worked. No problems. Nag screen says "update firmware." I did as commanded. I have "Signal Lost" error. This bird won't fly. I have been fishing around for hours trying a range of dead end recommendations. I have video feed working intermittently. GPS is intermittent. I have included a couple of screen shots. Any thoughts?

Screenshot_20190718-192854_DJI GO.jpg
Screenshot_20190718-192913_DJI GO.jpg

Last edited:
I had bought an Phantom 3 Advanced in 2015. Full disclosure - I just opened it to fly. I charged the batteries, installed the software on the phone and flew for a bit, video worked. No problems. Nag screen says "update firmware." I did as commanded. I have "Signal Lost" error. This bird won't fly. I have been fishing around for hours trying a range of dead end recommendations. I have video feed working intermittently. GPS is intermittent. I have included a couple of screen shots. Any thoughts?

View attachment 112958View attachment 112959
Welcome to the forum!

For one thing, it seems to me that you've created a FW encryption mismatch by updating the RC (remote) but not updating the AC (aircraft) to match. By that I mean to match the encryption, not the FW version numbers which do not need to be the same.

AC FW 1.8 and RC FW 1.6 were released together with an encryption change. If you have one (or later), you must have the other (or later) or you will have issues. DJI also noted this in the release notes, but even so we have seen several people here who were not aware and inadvertently created an encryption mismatch.

What it looks like from your screen shot is that your RC is now 1.9.2 (new encryption) but your AC is 1.1.5 (old encryption).

If it were mine, I would try to update the AC to at least the first new encryption version (1.8) or try to downgrade the RC back to the old encryption you had before you introduced changes. Then of course do a basic relinking of the two. [Note that the most common method to try to downgrade the RC is via what we call the "graduation cap method" but I have a feeling that in your particular case you would not be offered a downgrade option.]

With regards to your AC, given it's such an early version you would need to follow a more specific process than most people. You would need to update to 1.3.2 first before proceeding to later FW versions. What we normally tell people is to very closely follow the steps in this post. I can't overstate to follow the steps closely. Also since most people ask for this, links to old FW versions directly from DJI can be found in this post.

Additionally, if you are interested you can read through this post which is a list of tips that I frequently share with new P3A/P3P owners. Granted you've had yours for 4 years already but since you just now opened it there should be lots of good info including everything that I wrote above. I suggest that you read it completely and pay special attention to the tips about the changes related to AC FW 1.11.20 should you make the choice to go to that version.

Last edited:
AMAZING. It wasn't simple, but we are READY TO GO !! The secret was having access to the correct firmware that would allow me to retrace the steps back to compatibility. Tower of Babble destroyed! PhantomPilots Forums are awesome.

unnamed.jpg
, but I figured it

AMAZING. It wasn't simple, but we are READY TO GO !! The secret was having access to the correct firmware that would allow me to retrace the steps back to compatibility. Tower of Babble destroyed! PhantomPilots Forums are awesome.

View attachment 112978, but I figured it
You're welcome sir. :)

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31