Signal Loss yet AGAIN!!!!!!!

Happened to me for the first time yesterday. Just after flying out nearly 3mi, I was just flying close by on the 3rd battery. Up about 40ft over water and about 2500ft away...Complete signal loss. I thought I heard a splash and thought the worst. Hit RTH after closing DJI Go and restarting the app on my iPad Air 2 didn't resolve. Like a miracle, after a few mins I heard the sweet buzzing sound of the drone approaching. Needless to say, I'm a little hesitant to push this thing now.

EDIT: Forgot to add that mysteriously, my flight log data ends right at the point of the signal loss. So the track of the RTH is not displayed in the DJI Go App. I will have to analyze the log files later to see what's going on here.
You thought you heard a 'Splash'. from 2500' really? man those are some great ears you have there. :)

And again I'm not saying that it is hardware because I agree that all was fine till the updates and I said that to the DJI tech...I've tried every combination of firmwares and dji go app and I still get the NO SIGNAL...all I know is I gave up and sent it in to DJI...it's frustrating to have spent all this money and so many of us are having these issues and DJI won't say what the issue is...I really hope they can get this **** figured out

Bobmyers that's what I am saying, anything is possible at this point...could be hardware and could be software, maybe something they did in updates corrupted the hardware? The DJI tech said to me..sounds like u may have a bad video card...so now it's on there hands...if enough people call dji and send there stuff in to be fixed, maybe they can figure it out...there are posts in the forum where people have sent there P3 in and got it back working, and yes they did report it was hardware but dji wouldn't tell the specifically what the problem was...I just can't waste anymore time playing games with firmware upgrades and downgrades and dji go app stuff...it wasting flying time...as much as it sucks, my bird is on its way to DJI...I will report back when I get it back and let everyone know my outcome, hopefully it's a good one lol

How have you tried "every combination" of firmware? Did you find some way to "roll back" the RC controller firmware that no else knows about?? Once you update to the newest RC firmware it CAN NOT be rolled back!! The updates or "roll backs" have to go thru the app not the USB/SD card...that was one of the "new" features for the RC firmware.

I know that its a "firmware" problem...I never had ANY issues until I updated the RC controller firmware...it started on the first flight after the update. So what people are saying is that sitting on shelf, not flying, caused some malfunction in the P3P or RC?? No ******* way...

Reactions: Poundofnuts
Spunone69....I didn't upgrade my rc right away, I left it alone for a while, and flew with 1.3.2 and 1.4 and I had problems with those...then I finally tried the new rc firmware with 1.3.2 and 1.4.1...and same out come...so I didn't need to roll back...I said that before...everyone can say what they want as far as if it's firmware or hardware, honestly no one knows for sure...

I understand what you're saying...I never had this issue until I updated. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just speaking about my situation. I misread what you were saying...my bad!!

Ok Spunone69...I know this stuff is frustrating and aggravating and everyone has had enough...let's all just hope DJI gets this stuff fixed whatever the issue...we all have alot of good money invested here and that's all I think all of us really want..

I agree that this only affects birds with certain chipsets, I am running the latest Go app, firmware, and IOS 9.1 on a Air 2 without issue. Flew out over 4000' or so on 3 consecutive batteries and never lost video once, had a couple blinks when I let the bird get directly overhead at 400' other than that no problem on my Advanced.

Running all the latest versions and using iPad air2. Flying fine but getting lost video a lot. Would resetting the controller and re- loading the firmware through the app help? OR might it really screw up things? Flying with lost video problems is better then not flying at all.

Yes the NO SIGNAL we are talking about is not a loss off controlller/aircraft contact...we are able to maintain control and have full rc bars...we lose video feed and this happens at random distances...it's happened to me at 2500ft out and 5 ft in front of me...

Bought P3A, dutifully performed RC, AC & batt. FW updates.

Am new to the AC so in beginner mode as shipped.

On 2nd flight, get "No Signal" with AC 8 feet away. Using latest DJI Go on S3 Mini Android 4.2.2. No apparent loss of control.

Will await next FW update from DJI.

Sounds like I'm not alone with this anomaly. Critical flaw to be sure.

On 2nd flight, get "No Signal" with AC 8 feet away. Using latest DJI Go on S3 Mini Android 4.2.2. No apparent loss of control.

Try switching to a quiet custom channel & adjusting the data transfer rate down to 4 MBPS, that did it for me.

At that distance, I've quite often had strange signal anomalies/weaknesses. It just doesn't seem to like being that close. I'd take it out further and use Jeriami's advice, and I'll bet that problem will go away.

Has anyone talked to Dji yet? I know it's a firmware issue as I didn't have this before , does Dji pick up the tab to ship it back to them? I can't stand flying it anymore and from what I understand we can't roll back the Controller firmware then my drone is not worth flying with video loss at 50 ft every few seconds..

I know that its a "firmware" problem...I never had ANY issues until I updated the RC controller firmware...it started on the first flight after the update. So what people are saying is that sitting on shelf, not flying, caused some malfunction in the P3P or RC?? No ******* way...

I've been on here a little longer then most and I have never seen anyone posting the F-word. Total lack of respect.

The problem is your device that host the app. Otherwise everyone would be complaining. So this could mean any number of things that might not be with your device in order for the update to run as it needs to. Such as, some devices have certain settings by default. If your device does not default like others, then this could be the issue. The problem is, it will take more then just complaining about it in order to get your setup on track. Personally, I would ask if there is anyone else with the exact same everything that I'm setup with that is not having a problem. And if there was someone, I would ask if I could do some comparisons to see why theirs worked and mine did not.

Something else to consider is trying a different device. Like maybe you're currently using a tablet. Try using a smartphone or another tablet. Or, research and see what is needed to go back to where you were prior to the updates.

The best thing everyone could do is make all complaints in the dji.com forums. If a number of people complain on any issue, there is at least a chance over there that something might be done about it. What you will get here on pp.com is a different type of support. And yes in many cases it could be the only support you will get on your issues. But if dji is not hearing about it, they wont think there is a problem, and nothing gets fixed.

No, flyNfrank, it IS the firmware...I'm a network engineer, it's what I do for a living. I have multiple tablets and smartphones to "test" with, which I have done. I tried every version of the DJI Go app back to version 2.0, all have the same issue. I tried "binding" my remote to a different P3P at the drone shop, that didn't work. The drone tech at the shop has the same problem with his Inspire - as soon as he updated the controller, video connect issues...so yes, I do KNOW its a firmware issue. And saying **** has nothing to do with "lack of respect" and more to do with HUGE amounts of frustration over a $1500 piece of equipment that I can no longer fly due to NO fault of my own...

I'm perplexed by this feed. With the latest firmware, P3 pro and iPad Mini 4, I have no issue with signal loss. Everything is running smoothly without issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj