Signal Loss yet AGAIN!!!!!!!

Wow, I just bought a P3P and after reading all of these issues after firmware upgrades, is there anywhere we can find a list of what worked and what didn't and which models (New motors or old) are experiencing these issues?? It sure would help!
Just go fly it and enjoy it. As others suggest, start out in a big open field with no people or property underneath it.

These posts tend to emphasize problems, posted by folks looking for help or answers.

Most of these machines are amazing and function quite well, especially if you keep in mind that they are not military or industrial grade. I love my P3P, despite its occasional quirks. It's new technology!

Reactions: bbfpv and Oso
Thanks for the reply Oso, so out of the box, don't upgrade the firmware and just fly?

This could be a long shot, but most wireless routers use 2.4ghz as well as the P3 does for video. We can change the channel number for the P3 with the go app, but we can also change the router channel through most router GUI's. For those with the video link problem, try changing your router channel as well... Worth a try
@Pete Leare, I'm positive I'm not hearing you correctly. Are you suggesting that people change the channel on their routers at home to possibly help with the no signal issue while they are flying?

Last edited:
Reactions: III% Streve
I'm positive I'm not hearing you correctly. Are you suggesting that people change the channel on their routers at home to possibly help with the no signal issue while they are flying?
Which will have nothing to do with it being it does it when I am not at home right? Also if you not connected to wifi when you fly even if you was at home it still would not matter...

Wow, I just bought a P3P and after reading all of these issues after firmware upgrades, is there anywhere we can find a list of what worked and what didn't and which models (New motors or old) are experiencing these issues?? It sure would help!
Not everyone is having issues and those will not be posting here because they have not issues. I have had mine P3 since May, have done all the upgrades and have no issues. A few people on this forum having issues do not equate to a total failure of the P3. I can assure you that the majority of P3 Owners do not have these connection issues and these issues can be related to the P3, the individual device being used and the version of the app being run as well as the fw version of the device being used. So all does not fit one and these posts do not speak for everyone flying a P3. My two cents worth.

Reactions: SouthernPhantom
I agree with bobmyers....not everyone is having issues, that's why I am really thinking it's a hardware issue in certain units...plenty of people aren't having any issues whatsoever...I guess I will find out when I get mine back

Fly frank What exact firmware, iOS version, controller firmware , and Dji app are you using ? I need to roll back this is horrendous
I use a/c fw 1.4.0010, r/c fw 1.3.0020, and app 2.1.0 currently. Keep in mind I haven't not made the mistake of upgrading the r/c fw yet. And I use android.

Have you tried going back to where you were before upgrading?

On the healthy drones report from the last time I flew, what does the minor signal error mean? Every thing is in green but when those numbers get in the teens or 20's is about the time I would loose signal. Any one know what it means?

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

The only thing you should ask questions about is why your battery only showing activity on one cell. I think that might be something to do with the battery firmware not loading correctly? I have put so much attention into everything else with the P3 that I don't have a answer on why your battery stats display like they are.

Btw, the signal loss is showing up due to a reduction in power output. I posted a thread and warned everyone what the potential risk would be for anyone that upgraded prior to seeing if others ran into any problems. It should be expected that the distance range will be effected on each upgrade as long as the super long flights are being posted. So if you do enjoy updating from the get-go, and don't like not being able to fly as far, and hate seeing video problems, and who knows what else, then you really should consider switching over to aftermarket antennas.

Not everyone is having issues and those will not be posting here because they have not issues. I have had mine P3 since May, have done all the upgrades and have no issues. A few people on this forum having issues do not equate to a total failure of the P3. I can assure you that the majority of P3 Owners do not have these connection issues and these issues can be related to the P3, the individual device being used and the version of the app being run as well as the fw version of the device being used. So all does not fit one and these posts do not speak for everyone flying a P3. My two cents worth.
Bob's right guys, not everyone's having these issues, just almost everyone, including me. I honestly believe the problem is related to the latest controller firmware update not playing well with DJI GO.

I agree with bobmyers....not everyone is having issues, that's why I am really thinking it's a hardware issue in certain units...plenty of people aren't having any issues whatsoever...I guess I will find out when I get mine back
It's not hardware, it's software causing the problem. Too many of us were flying fine and as soon as we updated we got the "no signal" problem.

Bob's right guys, not everyone's having these issues, just almost everyone, including me. I honestly believe the problem is related to the latest controller firmware update not playing well with DJI GO.

Everyone as in two threads for sure, except for a few of us:D who are not having these problems-- but that ain't just about everyone on this forum. I can relate to your aggravations, --maybe you have a bad usb board like the chap that just replaced his and now everything is working great and he now has connection-- that was just posted on the forum a couple of minutes ago--

Who knows what the issue is?? It may be DJI's issue and it may not be. Every case is different and not all the issues are caused by the same problem although the symptoms may say otherwise. If you cant find it, and no one has the answer, send it to someone who can fix it or keep looking.. it will eventually be solved. And just so you know-- Losing connection or not being able to connect is not isolated to the P3 nor just this firmware upgrade-- it is one of the most posted topics for help around. It has happened to all of us at one time or another. Sometimes the cause is just easier to find.
Cheers-- hope yours and others issues are resolved soon.:)

Reactions: Lonewolf
Everyone as in two threads for sure, except for a few of us:D who are not having these problems-- but that ain't just about everyone on this forum. I can relate to your aggravations, --maybe you have a bad usb board like the chap that just replaced his and now everything is working great and he now has connection-- that was just posted on the forum a couple of minutes ago--

Who knows what the issue is?? It may be DJI's issue and it may not be. Every case is different and not all the issues are caused by the same problem although the symptoms may say otherwise. If you cant find it, and no one has the answer, send it to someone who can fix it or keep looking.. it will eventually be solved. And just so you know-- Losing connection or not being able to connect is not isolated to the P3 nor just this firmware upgrade-- it is one of the most posted topics for help around. It has happened to all of us at one time or another. Sometimes the cause is just easier to find.
The problem happened immediately after the update, to myself and everyone else so it isn't a hardware issue, the update caused the problem. Did you ever think that if someone fixed his issue with a new USB board, maybe his old one wasn't even bad? Maybe the new USB board has a different version chipset from his old one, and new chipset works with the new version of the software, but the old one doesn't. That's still the software update causing the problem. We'll eventually find out what caused this sh!t show and I can promise you it's not anyone's hardware breaking. Too many of us flew fine one day, updated the firmware and software the next day, and immediately received the "no signal" message for this to be a coincidence.

I was flying in close proximity yesterday & turned the data transfer rate to 10 MBPS, i flew today & forgot i made the change, i made it about 1000' out & got NO SIGNAL error, brought back the quad & powered down quad & controller, adjusted rate back to 4 MBPS & flew the same direction & location, made it 16,000' with no problem, full signal the entire way. I can almost positively assure you, with past testing & this experience today that the data transfer rate being set too high is the cause of the NO SIGNAL errors & video drop outs, i only turn higher then 4 MBPS when i am flying close by like within a few hundred feet, otherwise i crank it down to 4 MBPS, people who are experiencing this issue, please try my method & report back!

The problem happened immediately after the update, to myself and everyone else so it isn't a hardware issue, the update caused the problem. Did you ever think that if someone fixed his issue with a new USB board, maybe his old one wasn't even bad? Maybe the new USB board has a different version chipset from his old one, and new chipset works with the new version of the software, but the old one doesn't. That's still the software update causing the problem. We'll eventually find out what caused this sh!t show and I can promise you it's not anyone's hardware breaking. Too many of us flew fine one day, updated the firmware and software the next day, and immediately received the "no signal" message for this to be a coincidence.

You keep saying "everyone else" so I guess that everyone else includes the 999,999 P3 Owners which is just not fact-
" How many is "too many of us" 10, 20, 30 5000? No one knows that answer. It may not be a wide spread issue, because if it were, I can assure you that DJI update would be out tomorrow-- I hope it does come out--

I can relate to what you are saying that you have an issue that popped up after the upgrade and that you didn't have it before,, I get that--I just don't get the constant drum roll and complaining over and over again about the same thing. I know you have made your point.

My issue was with my iPad 2 mini w/wifi was the iOS v.9+ downgrading back to iOS 8.4.1 was all it took to resolve my video dropouts.

Like I said in an earlier post hopefully, Apple, Google/Android & DJI can get together to give us a product that will work, SOON!

My issue was with my iPad 2 mini w/wifi was the iOS v.9+ downgrading back to iOS 8.4.1 was all it took to resolve my video dropouts.

Like I said in an earlier post hopefully, Apple, Google/Android & DJI can get together to give us a product that will work, SOON!
It is strange that some have issues and other don't-- I guess I am one of the lucky ones, Has to be different chipsets on the boards causing this.

I had these problems with the last rc firmware and ac firmware 1.3.2 and 1.4 and go app 2.3 and 2.4, so honestly no one knows if it's software or hardwarr, maybe something in the hardware went bad...I've heard guys getting there stuff back from DJI with refurbished controllers...I actually spoke to a DJI tech before I sent it in and he said sounds like a hardware problem if you tried everything you have to fix it...all I know is whatever the issue is I hope it's fixed when I get it back!

I had these problems with the last rc firmware and ac firmware 1.3.2 and 1.4 and go app 2.3 and 2.4, so honestly no one knows if it's software or hardwarr, maybe something in the hardware went bad...I've heard guys getting there stuff back from DJI with refurbished controllers...I actually spoke to a DJI tech before I sent it in and he said sounds like a hardware problem if you tried everything you have to fix it...all I know is whatever the issue is I hope it's fixed when I get it back!

It has to be hardware differences, because in spite of the complaints that you are reading here, most of us don't have the issue. May be different chipsets were installed in a particular manufacturing run.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4