Signal Loss yet AGAIN!!!!!!!

try this if you want, after turn on the controller, take bout 40 seconds before switching on the craft. coz im sure many of you would turn on the craft 10 seconds or less after turn on the controller. coz my opinion not just the craft need to warm up...controller also need to warm up. there's no explanation techniquely to this but why not have it a try. coz im doin this and so far ok.

Reactions: NorthwestDrone
try this if you want, after turn on the controller, take bout 40 seconds before switching on the craft. coz im sure many of you would turn on the craft 10 seconds or less after turn on the controller. coz my opinion not just the craft need to warm up...controller also need to warm up. there's no explanation techniquely to this but why not have it a try. coz im doin this and so far ok.

Will do thanks very much for suggestion [emoji108]

Thanks Lonewolf will try your channel suggestion & let you know outcome, I also got my .ipsw from redmondpie & rolled back no problem but check out this

Apple Stops Signing iOS 8.4.1 And iOS 9.0, Downgrades No Longer Possible | Redmond Pie
That's a real shame. It's really too bad that Apple, Google & DJI can't work together so their products can work together. Unfortunately, I suspect it's a monetary compensation issue they can't agree on. I'm relatively certain Google & Apple are keenly aware that the DJI GoApp needs either Apple or Google's Android devices to work. Hopefully, if this IS the case, they can agree on some way to make everybody happy SOON?

Reactions: Ptr
That's a real shame. It's really too bad that Apple, Google & DJI can't work together so their products can work together. Unfortunately, I suspect it's a monetary compensation issue they can't agree on. I'm relatively certain Google & Apple are keenly aware that the DJI GoApp needs either Apple or Google's Android devices to work. Hopefully, if this IS the case, they can agree on some way to make everybody happy SOON?
They will at some point - but they haven't found the point yet-- maybe tomorrow:confused:

Reactions: Poundofnuts
To have something perfect for more or less 4 months then probs as a human factor I'm jealous & thinking why me & my p3, that said I love her & wish I had the perfect bird ( [emoji12] if the wife seen this ha ha ) bed time here I better go, thanks

Actually, you just made me feel a bit better about this, because my good/poor issue coincided with the weather getting colder here. So I'll keep an eye on it.

As I mentioned before, the flights still seem OK. So I'll check that screen periodically when it's up in the air, to see how it looks.

Also, there was another recent "sneaky" Android GO update that I installed but have not flown with yet. So, we'll see if it helps!

As I mentioned earlier, I do not have any signal issues with the setup I'm using. And a big reason for that is because I have not updated to the most recent firmware's and app. And a very important reason surrounds the 32 channel mod. If I didn't have channel 32, I would without a doubt have DBS antennas with boosters.

Btw, I want you to know now that if you should happen to get a Signal Lost message, it's not because of the Good/Poor issue we have been speaking about. The signal lost issue comes from the device used to host the app and the firmware. While on the beta team, I have actually had the signal lost issue be so bad that it actually would reboot my tablet while in flight! This right here is exactly why you should ALWAYS select the "always use" option and not the "just once". Let say you did in fact select the "just once" option for which app the controller follows. So now if you do happen to experience a reboot, your app will not automatically start back up. The system will sit idle waiting for you to once again go through that selection of "always use" and "just once". Save yourself some stress and select "always use".

Mine is doing the same thing since I updated the RC firmware...it loses video/data connection repeatedly, but the RC retains control of the P3P...can I "roll back" the RC firmware??

Apple has signed off on 8.4.1 so impossible to roll back now, could you go into more detail on this channel thing or even better if you know where there is a vid about it, thanks
I have this NO SIGNAL issue as well
Yep, tons of us have been having this problem now, it's been since the latest controller update and latest DJI GO update. Be sure to rate DJI GO in the App Store to let them know it broke yours too. If you read the reviews in the App Store, almost all of them are experiencing the same sh!t we are.

This could be a long shot, but most wireless routers use 2.4ghz as well as the P3 does for video. We can change the channel number for the P3 with the go app, but we can also change the router channel through most router GUI's. For those with the video link problem, try changing your router channel as well... Worth a try

Hi all. I'm a new P3P and just playing around with the Sim to start.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm getting Signal lost in the Sim too with the P3P sitting right next to me using 1.4.30 and iOS 9.1

Didn't see it with iOS 9.0 installed (using iPad Mini 4), but I haven't used it too much yet. I do have a wireless home phone nearby though. Just wondering if I should wait for an update or take it out for it's virgin flight.

As I mentioned earlier, I do not have any signal issues with the setup I'm using. And a big reason for that is because I have not updated to the most recent firmware's and app. And a very important reason surrounds the 32 channel mod. If I didn't have channel 32, I would without a doubt have DBS antennas with boosters.

Btw, I want you to know now that if you should happen to get a Signal Lost message, it's not because of the Good/Poor issue we have been speaking about. The signal lost issue comes from the device used to host the app and the firmware. While on the beta team, I have actually had the signal lost issue be so bad that it actually would reboot my tablet while in flight! This right here is exactly why you should ALWAYS select the "always use" option and not the "just once". Let say you did in fact select the "just once" option for which app the controller follows. So now if you do happen to experience a reboot, your app will not automatically start back up. The system will sit idle waiting for you to once again go through that selection of "always use" and "just once". Save yourself some stress and select "always use".
Fly frank What exact firmware, iOS version, controller firmware , and Dji app are you using ? I need to roll back this is horrendous

Packaged mine up today and off to DJI it goes..hopefully they can fix it...really not safe to fly like this and I've tried everything...I had more confidence in my P2 and the P3 Pro is a way better machine...The pics and videos and flying in general is way better than the P2 but this loss of video feed is scary.

Just want to pitch in my P3P cents here: Also very frustrated with frequent NO SIGNAL issue, as in on every flight. Using Android. Everything worked well on firmware 1.1.9, and then I foolishly thought a FW update was an upgrade. The "No Signal" plagues my bird since FW 1.3.2. However, restarting DJI app in flight generally restores signal and am able to continue without further issues, that is until next flight. The 32 channel hack makes no difference in my case.

I can tell you 100% that its not the Go app, after updating the RC, I tried all the different versions of the Go app all the way back to 2.0 (if you google DJIGO.sdk, you will find all of them) the signal loss issue happens no matter which version I used. It's the RC firmware that is causing this issue...but apparently, on DJI's forum, they are saying that once you go to the newest firmware, you can't roll it back. I am waiting for confirmation of this...

I can tell you 100% that its not the Go app, after updating the RC, I tried all the different versions of the Go app all the way back to 2.0 (if you google DJIGO.sdk, you will find all of them) the signal loss issue happens no matter which version I used. It's the RC firmware that is causing this issue...but apparently, on DJI's forum, they are saying that once you go to the newest firmware, you can't roll it back. I am waiting for confirmation of this...
So far nobody who has asked in the forums has found a way to roll back the RC firmware. Recently, one member (@Ayrtonginster) decided to buy a used RC with older FW so that he could restore the functionality that was lost with the newest RC firmware.

Has anyone else pulled logs directly from the P3 instead of from the DJI Go app? I haven't had time to pull the logs from the P3 but the log from the DJI Go app abruptly ends at the point of signal loss.

Wow, I just bought a P3P and after reading all of these issues after firmware upgrades, is there anywhere we can find a list of what worked and what didn't and which models (New motors or old) are experiencing these issues?? It sure would help!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20