RTH Low Battery warning ?

image.jpeg
Yup thats where it used to be but its not there no more ,they mightv have ditched it via the latest FW
It's in the aircraft battery settings, latest iOS app update.

Im still on android v 4.1.3 and 1.8.0 ,yes looks like some have been able to keep and some are loseing it,i like to keep updated but all sorts of issues across the board seem to be going on after firmware is done,once again luck of the draw :):)

Reactions: lickitysplit11111
I'm using a P4p not a P4 that's why you have it and I don't I guess
I noticed that in your original post, and understand the additional features such as the sensors with the P4P, the better camera etc, but your unit having the larger capacity battery, can further than a standard P4, the option to disable the smartRTH would still be there. Obviously I'm mistaken.

I'm using a P4p not a P4 that's why you have it and I don't I guess
Just finished digging around on the forum and yes the smartRTH feature has been removed from the P4P a little while back. Apparently, the feature is switched on and you cannot access it to deactivate it, some folk are reporting it is affecting autonomous flights in Litchi and normal FPV flying. May stick with my P4 for a while yet, not ready to have a mission interrupted mid way and put up with the unexpected.

Yep long gone and no reason given. Causes many issues...No more missions of any distance. Having it kick in while in the middle of a shot etc etc.
Hi yip found your post from ages ago while trying to find a anwser for this ,hope you not mind me postin it

I went out this morning and emptied three batteries an there seems to be no method to the pop-ups two I received while having 60-70 % remaining and one while still having 75% remaining so I don't know, but something weird happened in between battery changes I leave the controller on but shut the drone off during battery changes but on one battery change the drone behaved like it was in Beginner mode limiting my Vertical and Horizontal distance I was allowed to fly from the Home Point so I landed and shut both the controller and copter off restarted and was then allowed to fly like normal , and yes I checked inside the menu and I was not in Beginner mode.
Set a new distance record for me too 13,200 ft. :) 5.8 Custom channel works much better for me , 5.8 Auto starts getting choppy after a mile
I'm gonna go try tomorrow again I got the itch to bust 3 mi.

Last edited:
I went out this morning and emptied three batteries an there seems to be no method to the pop-ups two I received while having 60-70 % remaining and one while still having 75% remaining so I don't know, but something weird happened in between battery changes I leave the controller on but shut the drone off during battery changes but on one battery change the drone behaved like it was in Beginner mode limiting my Vertical and Horizontal distance I was allowed to fly from the Home Point so I landed and shut both the controller and copter off restarted and was then allowed to fly like normal , and yes I checked inside the menu and I was not in Beginner mode.
Set a new distance record for me too 13,200 ft. :) 5.8 Custom channel works much better for me , 5.8 Auto starts getting choppy after a mile
I'm gonna go try tomorrow again I got the itch to bust 3 mi.
The beginners mode, may well be due to a battery that is not yet updated.

I don't understand how I flew plenty of times with each of my batteries a,
And today after it acted like it was I. Beginner mode I landed shut everything off & on again it flew like normal.
Probably updated, but had to reboot to set.
Still, the intelligent battery, can do odd things. I was even told that my battery with 3 functioning lights, could be do to that. But, when I installed the DJI Assistant, I aborted the install, unregistered drivers! Sorry but if you won't pay to have drivers tested, I don't install them. So I will just yyse Go 4, it upsates fine.

I'm gonna go try tomorrow again I got the itch to bust 3 mi
Custom channel doesn't vary your bit rate like AUTO does, you have to choose the preferred bit rate. What you're seeing I think is the radio switching settings from 10mbps to a lower rate as you get farther away, momentarily appearing as a choppy feed. Choosing 4mbps for your custom channel will provide the best overall stability and range for the video feed. It could be slightly less crystal clear on the display, but it's adequate for monitoring purposes and should provide less drop-outs during flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94