Retrieve video from iPad

Reaction score
Hi All

My micro SD has become corrupted (pretty sure I have a dodgy card reader).

2 questions:

1. How can I copy the low res video footage from my iPad Mini 2 to my PC so I don't lose today's flights completely? Can't browse to those files when I connect the iPad to my PC and can't seem to find them in iTunes.

2. Any suggestions for "un-corrupting" my card? I haven't tried formatting it yet - want to see if there are any hacks out there to see if I can retreive the files on there before I try to format it.

Cheers.

Hi All

2 questions:

1. How can I copy the low res video footage from my iPad Mini 2 to my PC so I don't lose today's flights completely? Can't browse to those files when I connect the iPad to my PC and can't seem to find them in iTunes.

2. Any suggestions for "un-corrupting" my card? I haven't tried formatting it yet - want to see if there are any hacks out there to see if I can retreive the files on there before I try to format it.

Cheers.
1. In iTunes, click on your iPad, then the Apps, then scroll right down to the bottom of the screenshots to the apps you can edit; you'll find GO there and click on it to find the folders with your files. You can then copy your 720p files to your PC. NB, all the other folders with fight data dats etc. are there too.
2. Search for free file recovery programmes on the WWW. I'm away and I can't remember the name of the one I have, but there are many, many available. However, IF the card really is corrupted, then you may not be able to access anything. Also, even if you can reformat it, I wouldn't risk using it again; Class 10 and above 64GB MicroSD cards are so cheap now, just replace it...

Last edited:
Reactions: weedoman
Hi All

2 questions:

Cheers.
Getting files of an crApple :rolleyes: :eek:, it can be done, yes use iTunes.

"SD has become corrupted (pretty sure I have a dodgy card reader)."
Did you try a direct connected Phantom to PC with USB, or do you think the card is messed up from the reader?

Here is somebody that accidentally Formatted his Sd Card. I don't know if he was successful with @Luis J. ,but you can see some of the utilities he tried.

App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

Rod

There are a couple of web company's that will offer recovery but it comes at a cost. So unless you really need the vision
I'd follow Numone's advice & ditch the card. Pretty cheap these days so
I'd toddle off to Woolies and get two :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj