Oh dear! Here I go again! Flippin .DAT files

@cheddarman As Bud suggested, open the .dat directly in CSV View.

Opening CSV View should give you this: ( Click in the Box shown )

CSV VIEW 1.PNG

Locate your dat and click on it, let it load and you should get this: Then click on the "Empty" field.

CSV VIEW 2.PNG

Once you do that, you should get an empty graph table. Click on the "Pick Signals" tab and choose the signals you want to graph. You can add of remove signals at any time by using the SigPicker. Hope the graphics help a bit.....

CSV VIEW 3.PNG

Reactions: BudWalker
Many thanks. Done that but doesn't seem to like it. When I enter the file nothing happens........
Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 16.48.01.jpg

Thc Mac intructions on the download page say to right click on the jar file... did you try that?
Yes I can open the program now but it doesn't seem to want too process the data, no blank plot appears....see above.

Ah HAH!! Didn't read your whole post! Many thanks, now got to learn how to see what I want to see!
Many thanks for your infinite patience FD, really appreciate it. Now I will make a file with this info in it as I'm bound to forget - AGAIN!!!

Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 17.06.14.jpg

Now I will make a file with this info in it as I'm bound to forget
Don't feel like the only one.....Glad you got it working. ? It's a rather steep learning curve, especially with .dat files. Just be patient.

Many thanks. Done that but doesn't seem to like it. When I enter the file nothing happens........View attachment 115318
Although it works I'd like to know what's causing the Internal Error. Can you provide FLY302.DAT via Dropbox or similar so I can take a look?

Although it works I'd like to know what's causing the Internal Error. Can you provide FLY302.DAT via Dropbox or similar so I can take a look?
Um, you know what's coming, how do I do that please??

It needs an email address me thinks??

Um, you know what's coming, how do I do that please??
You can use any share site that you have available where you can upload files and share them. Dropbox, Google Drive etc..etc...
there are several. You just need to upload the file there and share the link back here. DAT files are too large to upload here directly. Bud will get the link when you share it here.

@cheddarman Here is a list of a few sites if it helps:

Share Sites.PNG

I think I've done it! I have a Google account so used that (for the first time)!!
I suspect the Internal Error problem has to do with how it's being run on your Mac. Can you retrieve the .CsvViewLog file in your home directory and attach that to a post so that I can take a look? That's
/users/michaeldearden/.CsvViewLog

I suspect the Internal Error problem has to do with how it's being run on your Mac. Can you retrieve the .CsvViewLog file in your home directory and attach that to a post so that I can take a look? That's
/users/michaeldearden/.CsvViewLog
Now that has got me! Where will I find that file, home directory???

Sorry, can't locate it. In the "Finder" as mentioned in the link, I do not have a "home" folder
Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 18.51.33.jpg

@cheddarman Just a guess, but try using the search bar from the screenshot you just posted and look for
CsvViewLog. If that doesnt work you will need to find the "Users" directory, go in to that and look there. This is assuming you are the only user. If not then use the one you are logged in under.

No sign of a CsvViewLog in the hire directory. I can create one by running the .DAT file in DatCon?
I think @BudWalker is looking for the installation log. Specifically for CSV View. Not being that familiar with a MAC, Iv'e just about run out of suggestions for you. All PC's and MAC's have a "Users" directory. This will either be under your name, or if it has been changed under something else. On MAC's as I understand it there is a "Home" directory Icon. Did you go to your home screen and follow the latest link? Other than that, Im out of idea's. It is not a CSV file that he is looking for.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel