Remote doesn't charge more than 95-96% for first time

Reaction score
I may do something wrong, but this is my second P3P (first plane was faulty), and both (the first and this new one) charged just until 95-96% for first time... Is this normal? Will the battery take more charge after a time of use? Is it a fw error?

I used a third party charger, but it works 100% with the batteries (the popular blue one), and I charged the remote with no battery on the same cable (not even on the whole charger). The charge could not be finished with the factory charger either. I try to charge next time with just the genuine charger, in the meantime just asked, if anyone experienced the same issue?

New batteries, if not enough charged, take long time to charge but they definitely get charged fully in 4-5 hours. Not sure of your problem.

Its common that batterys do not charge 100% for simple reason that voltage drops back when disconnected ...

You have a battery that as it 'fills up' creates ever increasing resistance to charge input. The charger ramps up to counter this but has a set level it will cut out. It basically is set to not exceed battery max.

There is a myth about LiPo's conditioning ... unlike the old NiCd's - LiPo's do not condition in first charges as NiCd's did.

Nigel

I used a third party charger, but it works 100% with the batteries (the popular blue one), and I charged the remote with no battery on the same cable (not even on the whole charger). The charge could not be finished with the factory charger either. I try to charge next time with just the genuine charger, in the meantime just asked, if anyone experienced the same issue?
Since DJI specifically states not to use third party chargers, I don't know if there's any warrant to this discussion.

Mark ... he does also say that the factory charger didn't either ...

The 'Blue charger' I suspect is the 3 + 1 Charger made for Phantom 3 gear ... very good charger and more than capable of all leads in use simultaneously. I have one and its very good ... just wish it had display ...

Nigel

Your quote of 95% must be based on GO display ?

Nigel
That's correct, based on the DJI GO App. Even when I don't disconnect the charger, just switch the things on, I think it should not drop the voltage that way, but still the same...

By the way I love this charger, more than perfect... I don't charge battery and the remote on the same cable, but could I do that?, I read in few topics, with the genuine charger, it is just a question of time, but what about this one?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj