Red and green flashing

Reaction score
After some time without flying the P4 I pulled it out today and initiated the firmware update on the AC. Now that it’s finished the RC has a rapidly flashing red and green light. No option for RC update in the go app. Transmission quality on the iPad is terrible just sitting at the kitchen table. Any help is appreciated.

After some time without flying the P4 I pulled it out today and initiated the firmware update on the AC. Now that it’s finished the RC has a rapidly flashing red and green light. No option for RC update in the go app. Transmission quality on the iPad is terrible just sitting at the kitchen table. Any help is appreciated.
Now you know why you should never update DJI firmware, unless there's a compelling reason. Just because they tell you to upgrade isn't a compelling reason if the craft is flying OK.

Did you update the Go app?

With an updated Go app, go to camera view, click status (top bar), then overall status. That's where you should find the RC firmware update link, if it needs updated.

With the new firmware you'll likely have to deal more with the NFZ limitations. However I think you'll have some of the new intelligent flight modes that the P4P has. Tripod mode is nice.

Last edited:
No option for the RC update in overall status......just a blank black screen.

Nope.......no luck with that. Here is the screen I get.
3f21bb5556e99745a1f4227dee941477.jpg

Even says I’m not connected but on the main screen I’m connected.
69dd62002814f81b31cc27d55511428e.jpg

Try resetting the remote controller like this.

Yup me too I have no problem linking to the drone. Just can’t get rid of the flashing lights. Obviously needs to be updated but it won’t

Yes very frustrating considering it worked perfectly fine before the upgrade. I’m thinking it needs to be sent back to the manufacturer.

I have no desire to do that. Obviously they don’t have the infrastructure to support the device. Why can the craft be connected to assist 2 but the RC can’t? With that ability this would be an easy fix.

This solution worked for me.
So, manually forcing the remote controller firmware to install did work? What did you do differently after you posted your first screenshot above?

Reactions: amstar
So, manually forcing the remote controller firmware to install did work? What did you do differently after you posted your first screenshot above?

Reference the steps in the discussion I linked above in my previous post.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr