Red and green flashing

Reference the steps in the discussion I linked above in my previous post.
I'm assuming you mean these steps?

If so, how did you get past step #2? I asked you to try that above and you said it did not work.

Reference the steps in the discussion I linked above in my previous post.

These are the exact steps I followed. Original post was by skyguy17.
The ability to do any of these was not possible in the go4 app. The trick here was the go3 app.

All of the text below is copied word for word from skyguy17’s post on the DJI site.

Same problem here is how I solved this issue:-

1) Install DJI GO 3 app from Apps store, launch app (at this time P4 is off until I say)
2) Select P3 Pro as aircraft (SE and Standard are wifi, not sure if this would make a difference), using the 3 dashes at the top right of the app press and hold for 10s or so. A new screen appears showing suggested current firmware of RC. Scroll down to firmware 1.6.0 select "Firmware Refresh". Wait for it to install then close the app and shut off RC.
3) Reboot RC, after a few minutes on shut off RC (not sure if this is really required, but it seemed right)
4) Open up DJI GO 3, Select P3 Pro and press camera (have the lightning cable connected to RC and iPad/iPhone). I had over 50% charge on my RC (btw)
5) Once in main screen with telemetry info wait a few minutes and press the Left upper area just next to the DJI logo saying "No xxxxxx connected " in red, this will take you to the Aircraft setup screen.
6) There you will see a warning message triangle, press this area and it suggests upgrading the firmware as you have 1.6.0 installed and the latest is 1.9.3
7) This started the firmware download and then with lots of beeps and blue flashing light the upgrade was a success !!!!!
8) On completion it will tell you to reboot the RC. At the same time I closed off the DJ GO 3 app.
9) Reboot the RC again. Mine complained at low battery so I did a second reboot and 3 white LED battery level lights came up as well as the RED LED indicating no aircraft bound.
10) Turned on P4 and launched DJI GO 4 app and BANG.... full signals on RC and Video feeds and NO flashing red/green led any more just solid green. So fingers crossed for her maiden flight tomorrow ( double fingers crossed)

I hope this helps others; note the DJI GO 4 apps does the same if you hold the 3 dashed lines for 10s or more. I did not try this route to roll back the firmware on the RC.

After some time without flying the P4 I pulled it out today and initiated the firmware update on the AC. Now that it’s finished the RC has a rapidly flashing red and green light. No option for RC update in the go app. Transmission quality on the iPad is terrible just sitting at the kitchen table. Any help is appreciated.
Welcome to the club. I had the same thing happen to me and have been
Yup me too I have no problem linking to the drone. Just can’t get rid of the flashing lights. Obviously needs to be updated but it won’t
Same thing happened to me last week.I have researched for many hours and nothing has worked.

Same thing happened to me last week.I have researched for many hours and nothing has worked.
What are you stuck on ?

This works.......are you having problems getting through the process?

This works.......are you having problems getting through the process?

I just wanted to say that when "DJI GO 3" is mentioned in the steps, that is referring to the currently available app called "DJI GO", which happens to be at version 3.0. This might sound silly, but somehow I got started down some rabbit hole that took me to steps for downloading previous versions of the DJI GO 4 app. Just crazy in hindsight.

Just get both apps on your device, "DJI GO" and "DJI GO 4", only open the DJI GO app (that won't fly your 4), and only have the remote on, click on "camera" and everything is easy from there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3