Quadrocopter does not fly in a straight line. Compass error.

Reaction score
Do not fly in a straight line - constantly blows to the side. With a moderate wind, a compass error appears. The compass is not colibrated. What should I do? Guys help me =(((

The compass is not colibrated. What should I do?
That would be the first step. Are you saying that you can not or have not calibrated the compass? And what do you consider a "moderate" wind?

Reactions: Alisa007 and Oso
The OP is in Norway.

There can be additional factors as you near the Arctic Circle.

Reactions: Alisa007
That would be the first step. Are you saying that you can not or have not calibrated the compass? And what do you consider a "moderate" wind?

1)The compass is not calibrated. Hangs in the second stage of calibration
2) Moderate wind is 5-7 meters per second - immediately appears compass error

calibrate your compass for sure as directed in the manual. The close you are to the north pole the worse things will be. Are you close to the arctic circle?

I live in the city of Drammen.
The compass can not be calibrated. In the second stage of calibration, the process hangs.

When you calibrate the compass, do so outdoors in a wide open area, FAR away from anything metallic and have no metallic objects on your person when you do this. Give that a try and see if it will complete.

what factors? please tell us more

IIRC...Magnetic inclination near the poles.

The lines of flux become more vertical than horizontal. I cannot be more specific about the OPs actual location but you can research the effect.

Last edited:
When you calibrate the compass, do so outdoors in a wide open area, FAR away from anything metallic and have no metallic objects on your person when you do this. Give that a try and see if it will complete.
I did so. Does not help. all according to the instructions

IIRC...Magnetic inclination near the poles.

The lines of flux become more vertical than horizontal. I cannot be more specific about the OPs actual location but you can research the effect.

OK. I will study this theory. but I need to solve my problem

I very often drive a ph3 adv in the trunk of a car and run it from the roof of the car.
I was told that I strongly magnetized the compass. It needs to be replaced or demagnetized. = (((How can I demagnetize the compass? What methods exist?

Are still using the top of the car for take off and landings?

If you have Phantom on the top of the car, are you driving the car clockwise or counterclockwise to calibrate the compass?

I heard it depends if your North or South of the equator. ;)

Rod

I very often drive a ph3 adv in the trunk of a car and run it from the roof of the car.
I was told that I strongly magnetized the compass. It needs to be replaced or demagnetized. = (((How can I demagnetize the compass? What methods exist?
There are methods to degaussing. (I hope that’s the right spelling?) They use to have a tool for doing it to the old color tv’s. All it was, is a high voltage transformer use to mix up the inline molecules. Do a search?

Are still using the top of the car for take off and landings?

If you have Phantom on the top of the car, are you driving the car clockwise or counterclockwise to calibrate the compass?

I heard it depends if your North or South of the equator. ;)

Rod

Just kidding right?

If not... Rotation direction does not matter.

Reactions: Alisa007 and RodPad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31