Phantom 4 tramsmitter loses connection can not find drone now

Sure I will! I do have a invoice of what they have replaced attached.. Do they usually send a refurb unit instead? I wonder if the parts the replace or with a newer unit, will it have more imporoved electronics..the 3 in 1 board component is around 400 dollars if you buy it outside DJI. So that must be a major component

Attachments

• IMG_0019.PNG
    IMG_0019.PNG
    185.7 KB · Views: 399
They gave me a detailed list of repair items, but sure enough they sent me a refurbished aircraft, already linked to my old controller, which was fine with me, except I had to spend another five dollars reregistering the new aircraft's serial number with the FAA.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

They gave me a detailed list of repair items, but sure enough they sent me a refurbished aircraft, already linked to my old controller, which was fine with me, except I had to spend another five dollars reregistering the new aircraft's serial number with the FAA.

Dang that sucks...means you have to put on new stickers too.

Would you say your refurb is a newer P4? No issues? Wonder how used it was?

FAA registration for drones flown as a hobby is for registering you, not the drone. You can have 10 drones, you only need one registration. You will need to put a new sticker with your FAA registration number though.

Recent GO app has a problem with determining correct mobile GPS coordinates, positioning to about 2 miles west of your actual position. Not sure if the Go 4 used by P4 is also affected.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yea thanks Dan, that's what I remember about registering with the FAA. I do have left over drone stickers.

So I haven't used the DJI go 4 app. I've heard of it. Should I use it or stick with the main DJI go app?

Looks like I'm getting a brand new p4 instead of a refurb. There is no R in the p4 SN. The SN is different from the original p4 I sent in. Cooooool!!! I really haven't had any complaints with DJI and their customer service. They went above and beyond with what they needed to do. It was all free!! Very happy customer here!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0048.PNG
    IMG_0048.PNG
    235.3 KB · Views: 287
Ahhh, but I'm flying as a Part107 sUAS remote pilot, (I'm a Professional Land Surveyor), so fun as it is, I'm not flying for hobby. Hence, the individual Reg# per individual airframe requirement for me. So break out the label maker and new stickers for me also. I'm not sure if my replacement was Refurbished or not (didn't see a R in the SN either,) but it looked brand new, so I wasn't about to complain. All in all, DJI service in Carson CA took good care of me.

Hey everyone! DJI sent me a new p4 this week with a new battery! I'm using the DJI go 4 app to fly. Just curious since this was a RTH issue with my original drone, how do we know DJI has fixed the issue in the p4. Also I was using the DJI go app not the DJI go 4 when I had the crash in January. Would that have caused the crash. Just would like to know the issue has been fixed bc I see several on here with RTH issues still.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey everyone! DJI sent me a new p4 this week with a new battery! I'm using the DJI go 4 app to fly. Just curious since this was a RTH issue with my original drone, how do we know DJI has fixed the issue in the p4. Also I was using the DJI go app not the DJI go 4 when I had the crash in January. Would that have caused the crash. Just would like to know the issue has been fixed bc I see several on here with RTH issues still.

DJI can't fix what isn't broke. This wasn't a RTH issue... There are currently no RTH issues that I'm aware of in any threads on this forum.

DJI can't fix what isn't broke. This wasn't a RTH issue... There are currently no RTH issues that I'm aware of in any threads on this forum.

You sound like hardware can ever break or software can never have issues. I had an RTH issue and DJI saw that and they replaced my drone. if there was not an issue with RTF why would they give me a brand-new drone.

You sound like hardware can ever break. I had an RTH issue and DJI saw that and they replaced my drone. if there was not an issue with RTF why would they give me a brand-new drone.

If there was in fact a hardware issue, then it was just a failure of a component on your drone which they fixed. Not some wide spread issue.

Yea but your not looking at the countless other RTH issues people have had too. I'm not saying it affects all drones but it could a large amount of them. How could mine have the only component issue out of thousands of p4s sold

Dramface460, I was really surprised to see DJI fixed your Phantom for free. Did they ever go into detail as to why they believe the RTH failed?

Dramface460, I was really surprised to see DJI fixed your Phantom for free. Did they ever go into detail as to why they believe the RTH failed?

Yea I'm actually on the phone with them right now about it. I try not to call DJI as much as I can lol. The wait times are crazy but I do want to find out what they saw on their end and why. Update....so a DJI customer rep said she doesn't see any notes and since she doesn't see any notes from the analysis dept. she said she would send the analysis dept an email to send me the result of what they found. This whole time I just figured it was a failed component bc well they sent me a brand new drone but never told me what happened. I should find out in 24-48 hours. I'll let you know what I find out. Yea I'm very thank full they sent me a new one. Didn't expect it but can't complain. Maybe to some of you here it may sound like I'm complaining but I'm totally not. I have another thread where I praised DJI for the solution in my crash.
Crashed p4 and DJI found a solution! Good job DJI Im just curious to see if others have had the same issue and maybe got a new drone and the issue they had was fixed now. I used to have disconnection issues all the time with my app and drone but now since I've switched to DJI 4 haven't had one issue.

DJI customer rep said she doesn't see any notes and since she doesn't see any notes from the analysis dept. she said she would send the analysis dept an email to send me the result of what they found. This whole time I just figured it was a failed component bc well they sent me a brand new drone but never told me what happened. I should find out in 24-48 hours. I'll let you know what I find out.

Good job DJI Im just curious to see if others have had the same issue and maybe got a new drone and the issue they had was fixed now. I used to have disconnection issues all the time with my app and drone but now since I've switched to DJI 4 haven't had one issue.

I'm betting they will find no notes available to share with you, or they'll "make up a story" to close the loop with you so you'll stop calling and be happy :D. Just think about the hundreds of craft they repair every day. To keep up with the volume of repairs their best weapon is replacement. I bet all they do is justify the incident isn't pilot error, then assume it was h/w failure. With that quick justification they ship out a new drone, hoping the customer will be happy and loyal going forward.

Failure analysis is a time sump, can take months to find out what failed, and why it failed. It's not worth even thinking about it if there's no pattern of failure that might point to a design flaw. These craft are very complex and truly amazing in capability, and we all know that components can fail. I think DJI is pretty capable to determine if there's an inherent problem or not, simply based on the percentages of reported failures with the same symptom. Given the thousands of P4s shipped, anything like failure to RTH would show up like a sore thumb if there was truly a design or s/w or f/w problem. Do we all remember how quick 1.5 firmware was replaced in the P3P when they saw the pattern of craft falling from the sky (mostly in every cold climates)?

I also had my P4 replaced with a brand new unit. The strange thing is the paperwork said they replaced the Main board. It made no sense at all. Why would they replace the main board if they gave me a new craft with new serial number? This is evidence their notes on repairs are very unreliable. I was happy I got a new drone, and I didn't bother them to explain their odd repair notes. I just knew the words were bogus and moved forward with life.

As for the disconnection issues you had, that's normal for the GL300C controller! I think anyone that has owned a P3P, and then flown a P4 has realized there's a range performance problem. The GL300C RC that comes with the P4 is an anemic controller, the weakest Lightbridge controller DJI has made to date. I would often see disconnects at 3000-4000 (with windsurf too) in the same area my P3P would get ranges of 12,000-15,000'. My P4/GL300C would always lose CONTROL signal first, which results in immediate video disconnects and usually auto RTH. My P3P (with GL300A) has NEVER lost control signal, it always loses video signal first (usually 10K to 15K' away with windsurfer), but I always have control of the craft to ascend in an effort to regain video link. That said, I have not measured the output of GL300C with P4 while using the new GO4 app and compared it to previous tests using GO, but I'm skeptical that would change the RF output power of the transmitter. I hope I'm wrong.

Yea it's an unfortunate thing when it disconnects and quite scary too! I hadn't had any issues of RTH or disconnection with the new DJI go 4. Only time will tell. I still haven't gotten word on what happened with mine. I did get an email with number of things they replaced. However they sent a brand new p4 so yea your right about the notes. They must do a diagnosis first then determine well it would take us a long time to replace this so let's just ship a brand new drone. Yea I can't complain much. I'm happy with the outcome for sure. Only issue I'm having now is a weird beeping sounds. DJI tech support has seen my video. I have it on a different thread of mine here. They said they haven't heard that sound before so they want me to send it in

Only issue I'm having now is a weird beeping sounds. DJI tech support has seen my video. I have it on a different thread of mine here. They said they haven't heard that sound before so they want me to send it in

Are you talking about the beeping that comes from the controller when you first turn on the controller? Mine does that all the time. When I move the sticks the beeping goes away. Annoying isn't it? That started happening with my controller about 4 or 5mos ago. PITA.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic