Phantom 4 pro gimbal stabilizing by late

Reaction score
I have a gimbal stabilization issue with my Dji Phantom 4 Pro.

The problem is that the gimbal is stabilizing the image by late. The gimbal stabilize the image, but not in time.

See the video about the problem: phantom4

Any suggestions why it is doing that and how to fix it ?

I have set following settings to gimbal in Dji Go4:
Gimbal pitch smoothless: 0
Gimbal pitch speed: 20
synchronized gimbal pan follow: disabled upwards gimba tilt limit 30 degree: enabled
The gimbal is in follow mode.

Gimbal autocalibration, IMU and compass calibration have been done.

The gimbal moves also a little way downwards slowly after moving the camera fully top.
The camera also moves a little way up slowly after moving camera fully down.

Why it is doing that ?

I tried to search if someone has the same problem but not found.
I will give more information if needed.

Thanks for answers !

The biggest issue I see is that you are not making cinematic moves with the aircraft. Try making small slow steady movements and most of the issue will disappear.

Others may be able to help you with settings for the gimbal.

The biggest issue I see is that you are not making cinematic moves with the aircraft. Try making small slow steady movements and most of the issue will disappear.

Others may be able to help you with settings for the gimbal.
I have flew Dji Phantoms many years and I do not believe that my controls cause the gimbal stabilization problems.

I have a Phantom 3 pro and if I fly same kind of controls like in video with Phantom 3 pro its gimbal is stabilizing the image excellently.

I believe that the gimbal settings are correct and this is some like hardware based problem.

It would be much easieer if you attatch a video that we can see the problem.
Usually a delayed stop of the camera is due to the follow mode.

It looks like you are in FPV mode
Double checked that the gimbal is in follow mode.

It would be much easieer if you attatch a video that we can see the problem.
Usually a delayed stop of the camera is due to the follow mode.
Here is the video of the bug I mentioned, when the gimbal moves a little way downwards slowly after moving the camera fully top and moves a little way up slowly after moving camera fully down:
With 30° extended upward: With 30° extended upward
Without 30° extended upward: Without 30° extended upward

And the gimbal settings: Gimbal settings

Gimbal stabilization issue in fly: phantom4

Please ask if you need some extra videos or information about the problem.

I have seen this a lot. Usually it is the camera IMU board. Sometimes called the pitch board. It is on the back of the camera head

Reactions: Capt KO
My phantom 4 pro was hit by a bird and it lay at the bottom of the sea for 1 hour. Did a quick rinse with fresh water. Later I washed all the parts in distilled water in an ultrasonic bath. This is very effective, but there was a mistake - the IMU crystal is destroyed. The pitch motor was moving erratically. After replacing the IMU chip (MPU-6600), the operation of the motor was restored, but a strange effect appeared - after initializing the drone, the camera makes a slight downward tilt at the end of all movements, about 3-5 degrees. This does not affect anything, the reason remains a mystery.

I have seen this a lot. Usually it is the camera IMU board. Sometimes called the pitch board. It is on the back of the camera head
So, you are obviously referring to problem where gimbal moves a little way downwards slowly after moving the camera fully top and moves a little way up slowly after moving camera fully down ?

If so can you say that will the camera IMU board cause also the stabilization problem at roll axis ?
Have all Phantom 4 versions (standard, advanced, pro, plus, V2) the same camera IMU or are those differents ?

So, you are obviously referring to problem where gimbal moves a little way downwards slowly after moving the camera fully top and moves a little way up slowly after moving camera fully down ?

If so can you say that will the camera IMU board cause also the stabilization problem at roll axis ?
Have all Phantom 4 versions (standard, advanced, pro, plus, V2) the same camera IMU or are those differents ?
Yes it can cause all sorts of problems. The IMU is different for all 3. You have to get the one for your model. The one for the p4p version 1 looks just like the one for the version 2. Even the part number is the same but from my experience they are different. On the back side the v1 has a white plastic and the v2 is black.

It is very impressive that you manage to save the drone and make it fly.
But I'm afraid that some other problems will emerge in the future.
One hour in salt water is pretty long.

Yes it can cause all sorts of problems. The IMU is different for all 3. You have to get the one for your model. The one for the p4p version 1 looks just like the one for the version 2. Even the part number is the same but from my experience they are different. On the back side the v1 has a white plastic and the v2 is black.
Aren’t the Advanced and Pro plus and Pro camera IMU the same? Same camera. Worth a try switching if so, to diagnose problem.

Ok, so I will try to get one for replacing the old camera IMU.
Let's see if the problems will be fixed after replacing the camera IMU.

It is very impressive that you manage to save the drone and make it fly.
But I'm afraid that some other problems will emerge in the future.
One hour in salt water is pretty long.
I'm "lucky". The bird attacked the drone and the battery flew out. Without voltage, salt water only acts on magnesium alloy if there is no paint. The battery was partially saved - the BMS board was replaced. MEMS chips are very resistant to shocks and vibrations. Therefore, they are protected by a compound or damper grease. This is visible on the IMU. Most people find it easier to buy the whole board. In the photo in the red circle is the accelerometer chip. It's 3x3 mm. The inability to calibrate the gimbal is due to its malfunction. The rest is a defect in the motors.

Attachments

• DSCN0999.JPG
    DSCN0999.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
allu - Did replacing the camera IMU fix your problem?

I am experiencing the same issue as you.

Also when my drone powers up the camera will go through the usual movements and then center itself perfect. After about 3 to 5 seconds after centering the camera will jerk upward slightly then slowly (not real slow) move downwards to about 45 degress and then come back up to about 5 to 10 degrees pointed down. Pressing the C1 button will move the camera to slightly past 90 degrees and slightly below 0 degrees (around the same 5 to 10 degrees as the "new" zero).

I have tried multiple IMU and gimbal calibrations.

allu - Did replacing the camera IMU fix your problem?

I am experiencing the same issue as you.

Also when my drone powers up the camera will go through the usual movements and then center itself perfect. After about 3 to 5 seconds after centering the camera will jerk upward slightly then slowly (not real slow) move downwards to about 45 degress and then come back up to about 5 to 10 degrees pointed down. Pressing the C1 button will move the camera to slightly past 90 degrees and slightly below 0 degrees (around the same 5 to 10 degrees as the "new" zero).

I have tried multiple IMU and gimbal calibrations.
I did not get the gimbal IMU board yet, but I will inform you if I get it.
Please tell me if you get it work, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan