Phantom 4 Lost in River

Reaction score
Hey everyone. First ever post.

I bought a used Phantom 4 Black Edition on eBay. I installed the Argtek Range Extender in the controller. I had one good flight, I had it over 2600m away. On my second flight, about 200 ft out, it suddenly dropped like a rock into the Kennebecasis River where it remains. I took a newbie look at the flight data but it didn't give me any clues as to what happened. Thought you guys might be able to shed some light on what happened... Cheers Tom

Here's the log:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com [incorrect log]

Notice near the end you get a ton of speed errors and compass errors. RTH (return to home) was set to 30m. See in on the map look like you took off from the dock correct? And landed in what must be your backyard? If it landed. Seems to have on the map but you say it "fell like a rock". Hmm...

Last edited:
Notice near the end you get a ton of speed errors and compass errors. RTH (return to home) was set to 30m. See in on the map look like you took off from the dock correct? And landed in what must be your backyard? If it landed. Seems to have on the map but you say it "fell like a rock". Hmm...
The Phantom was launched frm a point about 24 feet above the river.
When it was coming back things started to go wrong at 5:03.3 and the Phantom started spinning and tumbling as it fell.
The speed error messages and the first of the compass error messages are caused by this.
It hit the water at about 5:04.6 and all data after that is invalid.

I can't see that it's related but the throttle is reading backwards in the data.
It looks like the drone would climb when the throttle was pulled back.

Wow this is all very interesting

And I do like my controls custom set so that pulling back on the left stick raises the drone...

In addition to what Meta4 has offered up, is it possible you had a bird strike at the relatively low altitude you were flying at? The speed dropped from 8 mph to 0 mph and then it was all over.

Apologies to everyone for the confusion. I initially submitted my P3S logs in error (that drone crashed also, but there was no question that was my fault)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl