Phantom 4 UgCS Issues

Reaction score
Help please. I am a new UgCS user and recently purchased UgCS Pro and I am having Phantom 4 Pro v 2.0 issues.
I am running the latest and correct version of Go Fly 4 on an Android tablet. I updated the RID firmware a month ago and can fly manually within Go Fly 4. When I tried some test runs in UgCS I got a 180 error code and couldn't fly. Online comments say that the RID firmware updates don't work for RID and are compromising missions. Coincidentally, I had issues with my last Drone Deploy mission that didn't return home on a low battery, I had to pause the mission and manually fly it back, and when I set it to resume mission it decided to skip an entire row and proceeded to finish the mission.

Should I:
Reinstall the RID firmware?
Retro install the last firmware update prior to the RID one?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Fly app is the wrong app. You should be using the Go4 app with any a V2 aircraft.
Your wording on the app you mentioned is somewhat confusing.

If it's an RID firmware miss match, you can revert to the older firmware and put an external RID module on your P4P v2. That's what I use on my v1. My Holy Stone RID is only $100 plus the $15 mount from AerialPixel, cheap enough considering the hassle your experiencing now.
As said, app is GO4 not GO Fly 4, good luck
20231127_145222.jpg

Fly app is the wrong app. You should be using the Go4 app with any a V2 aircraft.
Your wording on the app you mentioned is somewhat confusing.
Duh, I mistyped. It is DJI Go 4

I just received a support response from UgCS. They said to delete the version of UgCS that I downloaded from Google Play (2.39.2402) and download one from their site (2.39.2401). Seems odd but I will try that before resorting to going retro on the P4P firmware. Other than this glitch, I am so far impressed with UgCS FWIW.

One more thought. Are you certain you have a V2? I have seen posts that people had a V1 that was portrayed to them as a V2. Should have a gold colored DJI sticker on top center.

UgCS support got back to me. The whole issue was that it was the fact that I downloaded the app from Google Play, not their web site. Didn't have to resort to an old P4P firmware. Thanks for all of your help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl