Phantom 3SE remote tablet mount removal

Reaction score
I am attempting to replace the stock tablet / phone holder with a slightly larger one because I have a Samsung Tab S and its just slightly too big for the stock mount. The controller for the 3SE has two points where the mount attaches, the loop looking attachment dead center on the remote and the tapered post just under the DJI emboss higher up towards the antenna. My issue is I can't figure out how to detach the plastic mount bracket from the post. I incorrectly assumed it would just pull off, thinking it was just there to stabilize the weight from the tablet but it does not pull off. It also doesn't seem to be threaded on as it doesn't want to twist off. I haven't gone too gorilla on it as I don't want to break the darn thing.

So... do I need to disassemble the remote and remove the post from the inside? What is the secret here?

It also doesn't seem to be threaded on as it doesn't want to twist off.
It is threaded. You need to twist it counterclockwise to unscrew the top part of the mount. Once unscrewed, it'll lift off the remote controller.

Well it does appear it was threaded, but the plastic was stronger than the post and it twisted the aluminum threaded piece off flush with the post where it enters the plastic bracket... nice design. I'm permanently on the aftermarket mount now I guess.

Thank you for the info, btw.

Last edited:
Wow!!! I have not observed any that tight! I wonder if somebody used Loctite on it before. The aftermarket is what I used anyway and they work fine for a tablet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20