Phantom 3 advanced sea trip

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was given a phantom 3 advanced by my uncle a goof few years ago after he crashed it in the sea. He says it was recovered quickly, and washed off thoroughly. I've just tested it, and everything works fine and it connects okay. The issue is the camera, the gimbal does the whole start up calibration process but then cannot be controlled by the remote. The camera also doesn't register at all on the Dji Go app, it says something like no image transmission signal. I'm looking to do a teardown and try and diagnose the issue, but any help would be much appreciated.

In short:
-gimbal electronics work, but can't be controlled by controller
-app doesn't recognise that a camera is attached, and there's no image

Hi Guys,

I was given a phantom 3 advanced by my uncle a goof few years ago after he crashed it in the sea. He says it was recovered quickly, and washed off thoroughly. I've just tested it, and everything works fine and it connects okay. The issue is the camera, the gimbal does the whole start up calibration process but then cannot be controlled by the remote. The camera also doesn't register at all on the Dji Go app, it says something like no image transmission signal. I'm looking to do a teardown and try and diagnose the issue, but any help would be much appreciated.

In short:
-gimbal electronics work, but can't be controlled by controller
-app doesn't recognise that a camera is attached, and there's no image
Seawater has insidious effects on electronics and corrosion continues after the initial dunking and rinsing.
I'd never trust a drone that has been in seawater.

Reactions: Capt KO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20