Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Mr. Nasz, sir you are a legend.

I want to try out your mod, but im afraid of 'frying' my controller like others have.

I have read this entire thread about three times, and I understand there are different steps to undertake to change it to FCC mode. The video by the Russian dude required changes to various files which you clarified. However, you're video doesnt include the steps which you have just updated lastly by adding two more lines to the file.

Could I please humbly request you to make one consolidated tutorial on what all needs to be done. I am quite amateur at coding/scripting and I shall be using some FTP Client (FileZilla as suggested) on a Windows Laptop to download whatever file, edit it (using Notepad++ which I have just downloaded) and upload the edited file back on the aircraft as well as the remote.

My request is only in light of the fact that if I mess anything up, I will not be able to afford another controller, let alone another quad.
I would like that too.

No sir, believe me,, I have tried everything.. and I have a phantom 3 standard.. officially P3S does not allow to downgrade so when I put 1.5.7 in to SD card and try to downgrade, it completed but after that firmware shows as 1.5.7+ and the problem is still there and we can downgrade only one step.. that is the problem.
Hi Dilan, i am also facing the same problem. The best fw for me was 1.4.60 and with a simple windsurfer i got 1100 meters at 500meter altitude. However now the best i can get is 250 meters above lake or sea. I also tried everything but with no success. Also we cannot go back to 1.4.60 as it only allows 1 fw back. Please inform me the results after trying as i am not able to try it next 10-15 days

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

OK, here we go again.
My video is not quite complete as I later discovered that additional steps might be needed in some cases.
This is the latest method. I tested this today with very good results.

All you really need is to do is to fool the script not to load driver with parameter (cert_country) - for that you need to change GB to OK in line 32.
However just to be sure I also added two lines at the very end of rcS

iw reg set US
iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700

OK, here we go again.
My video is not quite complete as I later discovered that additional steps might be needed in some cases.
This is the latest method. I tested this today with very good results.

All you really need is to do is to fool the script not to load driver with parameter (cert_country) - for that you need to change GB to OK in line 32.
However just to be sure I also added two lines at the very end of rcS

iw reg set US
iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700

hey bro.. please tell me about this.. I can not see the "iw reg set US" line at end of your "rcS" files.. they have only "iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700" at the end.. and also there are two places in the code that has this line "$country = "GB" so do we need to change all 2 places "GB to OK" ???? if you can send us your latest rcS files.. it will be very valuable for us bro..

Do you have double GB in your rcS file ? I don't think so.
Why you're confusing everyone else ?

Do you have double GB in your rcS file ? I don't think so.
Why you're confusing everyone else ?

here are the rcS files you had uploaded bro.. please check them out.. in the middle of the, there are two "$country = "GB" "..

Attachments

• rcS_192.168.1.1.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 427
  • rcS_192.168.1.2.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 376
Reactions: Outbreak
I know what I uploaded, thank you. I was asking about your file, the one from your remote.

in my RC file, I had only one $country = "GB" , but after seeing your files.. I changed my files like yours, so now your files and my files are same. and just in case i have backup of my previous files too.

I know what I uploaded, thank you. I was asking about your file, the one from your remote.
Is it ok just copying your 2 files without making any changes with notepad ++.
Because i do not want to brake my rc

Very good, that should work just fine.

thank you for clearing this up bro.. and one last thing, so now in your files yo have not changed GB to OK, and there are two $country = "GB" , since our files are same now, I can leave them as it i.. right bro?>>??

I'm second lucky that bricked RC and to remind you guys, I used MacOSX ( LINUX ) to edit my files. I can upload modified files that bricked RC to prevent more bricks.

Last edited:
I'm second lucky that bricked RC and to remind you guys, I used MacOSX ( LINUX ) to edit my files. I can upload modified files that bricked RC to prevent more bricks.

BTW. With that I learned that if I'm getting lucky enough and get back my phantom from service then I will sell it and buy Advanced.

hey bro don't need buy a remote.. if you are using 1.6.8 firmware then download 1.5.7 firmware. and put it in to a SD card. turn on the remote, turn on the aircraft, and then put the SD card to drone.. then I will downgrade the firmware in to 1.5.7+ so all the thing you made will be fixed.. you can do this because you are only loosing video feed...

Is it ok just copying your 2 files without making any changes with notepad ++.
Because i do not want to brake my rc

Yes, as long as you have the same firmware version 1.6.8

Also, just because there were attempts with wrong FTP settings try this on drone first 192.168.1.2.
At least if wifi can't start because of corrupted rcS file you can always reset drone and reload firmware.
When you corrupt this file on your remote you'll loose wifi and there is no way to reset firmware in remote itself. (at least not yet)

BTW. With that I learned that if I'm getting lucky enough and get back my phantom from service then I will sell it and buy Advanced.

Show us the files....

hey bro don't need buy a remote.. if you are using 1.6.8 firmware then download 1.5.7 firmware. and put it in to a SD card. turn on the remote, turn on the aircraft, and then put the SD card to drone.. then I will downgrade the firmware in to 1.5.7+ so all the thing you made will be fixed.. you can do this because you are only loosing video feed...

Hey, I tried to flash firmware with success but the problem is that RC is not getting updated while flashing drone FW. The second thing is that I replaced RC to new one ( borrowed ) and drone wasn't linking anymore. So in in two words, it bricked drone & RC.

I updated my Phantom to 1.6.80 when it first released and it showed that version in the DJI go app. I checked yesterday and now it shows 1.5.70+ and I never downgraded the firmware? weird

Gosh at this point I now think you best option is to call DJI support. They may know something to help you that we are all missing here. Bad news is they are a mon/fri. operation. One other thing is there is a fellow on the rcg's Phantom thread known as blade strike that usually answers any PM sent to him. I have noted that he is extremely knowledgeable and willing to help all resolve difficult cases like yours. Please let me know how you make out. regards, donnie

These file look just fine. I compared against mine and the only difference was I have telnet enabled and 2700.
I actually compared with diff software to make sure there were no missing letters etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor