Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Thank you @HappyStandardOwner and everyone else for the fix and updates. I bought a second-hand P3 Standard with bad RC signal and could not go further than 150 meters except with Litchi where I could go miles away while retaining video signal so that was a good alternative. Obviously i wanted a better RC signal so did this fix together with the Magic power mod and i can confim that the range phenomenal now. Thanks again! Btw i removed the chip with a modded hairdryer, made a cone from paper to converge the flow to concentrate on the chip, it went off easily with some tweasers.

Well i done the solder..... Blinking difficult. They should make it easier lol.
First flight. 30 MTRS every direction. Altitude or distance maxed even though it wasn't according to settings....
Flight two after downgrading fw. Easily reached 71 MTs alt and 283 MTRS distance. That was on a gusty night in a semi built up area. I bottled it more than the drone not being capable. Brilliant fix. Thank you so much ????

Reactions: Bingobongo
Well i done the solder..... Blinking difficult. They should make it easier lol.
First flight. 30 MTRS every direction. Altitude or distance maxed even though it wasn't according to settings....
Flight two after downgrading fw. Easily reached 71 MTs alt and 283 MTRS distance. That was on a gusty night in a semi built up area. I bottled it more than the drone not being capable. Brilliant fix. Thank you so much ????
Any pictures
What firmware where you on on first flight and what did u downgrade to to get the 283 metres

Any pictures
What firmware where you on on first flight and what did u downgrade to to get the 283 metres
I was running the latest but did the magic 5 patch. Then downgraded to 1.9....... sorry can't see at moment as all on charge. Will update tomorrow. Just over the moon tbh. Just need wind and rain to stop ?

I was running the latest but did the magic 5 patch. Then downgraded to 1.9....... sorry can't see at moment as all on charge. Will update tomorrow. Just over the moon tbh. Just need wind and rain to stop ?
Is 1.9.20 not the latest
Thats whats 9n mine

Done mine, 1km before signal lost. Then i just turn off remote to trigger rth. **** is hard.1st try the solder came off during landing. Reopen everything, solder and glue it so it cant move. Happy pilot

Attachments

• IMG_20201216_170634_1.jpg
    IMG_20201216_170634_1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20201216_171814_1.jpg
    IMG_20201216_171814_1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 193
Could u explain that a bit better
Whats the black stuff u break first....do u mean the actual chip....
Sorry english not my main. Yep the chip.after you break the chip, theres still part of the chip left on the board so i just scrape everything untill no tace of the chip left

Reactions: alisomilon
I think that my way can help you. To be shure, you can test the cip.

Take multimeter, ohm meter mode. Points 1 - 3 and 2 - 3 there should not be a short circuit. If any of it has short circuit, it means the antenna signal canel connectet to ground - weak signal - chip dead. It often happends while firmware update. Why - I dont know. May be chip owerheting.
WARNING!
Be be extremely careful, during repair. Very small details, should not be a short circuit on any of it. Central platform under the chip is ground. New jumper nowise sould not contact it.
Are there any known cases of this failing open? I have similar low signal issues but chip has no short to ground.

short: after Magic Power 5.3+ only 50m!

Hello,
I've issues with the range of my phantom 3 standard I bought as used....
Rage was about 150-200m (in germany)
I heared in germany we can only use "EC" which is low in range and if I make "FCC" mode available range should be ~1km...
The Firmware 1.7.90

Ok
I downloaded Magic Power v5.3+ (PapaTita) and startet Step 1 und Step 2.
First it wasn't successful, but after a second trial everything was declared as successful.

But now the drone gives me a message at 50m range, that it can't go further. I put the max range to 300m in the setting, but this does not have any effect. The settings do not work any longer...

I can't tell what hapened.
Or if I should go down to another firmware, or if I need another app on the mobile now......

There are hundreds of tutorials (many seem to be outdated) and I'm a little bit lost were to start....
(I used this one: DJI Phantom 3 - MagicPower Range Mod)
Can somone help me was an actual (!) tutorial?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20