Phantom 3 Standard Checklist

It's not a good idea to do a CSC to shut down the motors. If not done cleanly, it can cause the Phantom to tip and the props to strike the ground.
I agree 100% Mine Flipped first flight i made out and back it Landed perfect AND i did the CSC and Over it went !

I created a solid checklist for pre-flight and post-flight for the P3S.
I see some online, but they are not exactly print-able, so mine is formatted and set up to be a tangible checklist to bring with you when you fly your Phantom.

If anybody has any other ideas on modifications I should make to it, I would be glad to consider them. Of course, feel free to print the checklist if you'd like!
Thanks...this is very helpful for me as I have only 2 flights completed and in Beginner mode I might add.

There are some very nice check lists here, thank you.
There should be a requirement to know how all the test are preformed as well.
Things like: Do not calibrate compass on concrete driveway (my first mistake).
Just reading the posts in here have enlightened me considerably, it is not the same as R/C gas airplanes that I was accustom to!

Reactions: Yottlover
There are some very nice check lists here, thank you.
There should be a requirement to know how all the test are preformed as well.
Things like: Do not calibrate compass on concrete driveway (my first mistake).
Just reading the posts in here have enlightened me considerably, it is not the same as R/C gas airplanes that I was accustom to!
Never heard about the concrete but makes sense when thinking about it. Thanks.

Never heard about the concrete but makes sense when thinking about it.
Most concrete contains rebar (which is made of magnetic metal).

In my case it was even worse, I have my main power (to the house) coming across the driveway about 5 ft away from where I was taking off from!
It was a white knuckle (very short trip) that had me puckering!
Luckily I had no damage.

I see some online, but they are not exactly print-able, so mine is formatted and set up to be a tangible checklist to bring with you when you fly your Phantom.

If anybody has any other ideas on modifications I should make to it, I would be glad to consider them. Of course, feel free to print the checklist if you'd like!
Thanks, I will print this and use it. I sometimes forget items to check.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Have a look at this link - Know Before You Fly

Enjoy your new quad and fly safe!
Thanks. I really like the check list, as a military veteran and pilot we always used them, a short pencil beats a big memory'! Can I ask as a newbie to drones to please not use abbreviations such as CSC, I still haven't figured out LOL.

The abbreviation CSC stands for (Combination Stick Command), which one way (quick way) to turn off (stop) the motors!
I never have used it. I have always just used the throttle down until it they stop...once I have landed. If you accidentally preform the CSC while airborne, well it will drop like a rock!

Hi make sure no other apps are running in the background or close all apps ie stop them running do not just hide them off the screen. before starting litchi or any dji control app my best Daz

Hi for android users a reminder to switch on screen recorder app ie AZ screen recorder ect. i know we might not feel the need to record every flight but to have the reminder would be useful. Every little helps. my best daz

I sometimes struggle to get things in the right order to start up the Simulator.
Is there a simple list of routines any-where please.

It's not a good idea to do a CSC to shut down the motors. If not done cleanly, it can cause the Phantom to tip and the props to strike the ground.
I'm with msinger on this one. Tried the csc method after reading they say it's immediate, where as the throttle OFF stick is like 2 seconds? I must not be precise enough cause I nearly spilled. & I've played drums too....LOL

It would be most useful to have a similar check list for a Phantom 3 Standard to use the DJI Simulator.
I know this is not so complicated as a pre-flight one but I seem to waste a lot of time, and battery power, getting things in their correct set-up order.
As a beginner it would be one less thing to have to think about!!
Many thanks

The only CSC that works all the time for me is the throttle down. I have had several experiences with the other two CSC maneuvers and the motor did not stop when I tried those and the drone became a problem. When you need the motors to stop, you need the motors to stop! Find your best way and do it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31