Phantom 3 Standard Checklist

RG15 --- thanks for your variant.

GOT ME - "Make Sure SD Card Is Inserted"

Tried filming yesterday on site only to remember the SD Card was still plugged into the computer at home.

Reactions: dazzer
Finding this thread was good for me for a couple of reasons. I have only made one flight with my Phantom 3 standard having received it for Christmas. As I read and watched YouTube videos I created a checklist. I figured everyone would think I was nuts for doing so. Turns out I'm not the only one, and this check list is way more comprehensive than mine, thanks.

Also, when landing I was about a foot off the ground and brough both sticks down and together which I now believe is the "CSC" discussed in this thread. I thought this was proper start up and shut down but I'll be revisiting that.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I created a solid checklist for pre-flight and post-flight for the P3S.
I see some online, but they are not exactly print-able, so mine is formatted and set up to be a tangible checklist to bring with you when you fly your Phantom.

If anybody has any other ideas on modifications I should make to it, I would be glad to consider them. Of course, feel free to print the checklist if you'd like!
That is a really nice Job. My only comment as a noob would be line 15 of the check list maybe modify to read
I see some online, but they are not exactly print-able, so mine is formatted and set up to be a tangible checklist to bring with you when you fly your Phantom.

If anybody has any other ideas on modifications I should make to it, I would be glad to consider them. Of course, feel free to print the checklist if you'd like!

Good job got on my phone by my DJI app. My only recommendation (strictly as a noob) is on line 15 consider adding the bold text below. Also close off your parenthesis. :)

"Check for 5-6 satellites + and the words “Safe to Fly” If not safe to fly, proceed with caution

until you are instructed that it is “Safe to Fly.” (Enough satellites may connect with more

altitude/obstruction clearing. If any warnings on the status bar check and debug (ie: compass needs calibration).

I am speaking from experience. Happened on my second flight even though same take off point as last flight.

Thanks again !!

If you go to the Google app store and look for DJI Pre-Flight Checklist App, It has all of the pre-flight info (obviously) and a take off checklist. It also has a packing list, Phantom academy and more.

Tobby

Thanks for developing this checklist, as I was going to make my own because I hadn't been able to find one. Accidents will always happen, but I believe the more prepared one is with each flight, you exponentially decrease your chances of problems.

I prefer this list as the 'Inspect Phantom' step is included and is more broken down, step-wise.
As someone here posted, 'Fly it like you're in it.'
Small point: 'Idle Motors....'

DJI Phantom 3 Standard Flight Guide

Check Surroundings And Conditions
Inspect Phantom
Add Propellers
Check Propellers
Phantom Battery Charged
Controller Battery Charged
Mobile Device Charged
Mobile Device Volume On Full
Insert Phantom Battery
Remove Camera/Gimbal Protection
Make Sure SD Card Is Inserted
Add Filters If Needed
Power Phantom On
Power Controller On
Power On Mobile Device
Connect To Phantom Wifi
Enter DJI Go App
Check For New Firmware
Calibrate
Check GPS Status
Check Compass Status
Check IMU Values
Check MC Settings
Check Photo/Video Settings

In Flight
Idol Motors For 10 Seconds
Takeoff And Hover For 30 Seconds
Monitor Battery Life
Keep Phantom Within Line Of Sight
Monitor Surroundings And Conditions

Post Flight
Power Down Phantom
Power Down Controller
Quit DJI Go App
Inspect Phantom
Reinstall Camera/Gimbal Protection

Reactions: Graham Colbeck
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I have put your list here for all to see. You have done a nice job on it. I will add this as a sticky for P3S owners. Thank you for making this available to the members here.

-----------------------------------------------

DJI Phantom 3 Standard Checklist

(Created by Bryan Kruk)

PreFlight:

1. Install Intelligent Flight Battery into the Phantom. Check secure & check battery percentage.

2. Uninstall gimbal lock if installed.

3. Remove lens cover from camera & make sure lens is clean. Install ND filters if applicable.

4. Check that the SD card is properly installed/formatted.

5. Check that propellers are properly installed, tightened and in good condition.

6. Turn on remote controller check

R/C battery & flight mode set to PMode.

7. Connect to Phantom’s Wifi on phone/device.

8. Check phone/device volume full or as desired. Do the same with screen brightness.

9. Open the DJI Go App. Mount device to R/C if not already mounted.

10.Turn Phantom on (Press power button, then press/hold for 2 sec.)

11.Connect to the Phantom through the DJI Go App.

12.Check inapp

statuses. (Battery percentage, camera settings, RTH altitude, etc.)

13.Allow the IMU to calibrate do

not move the Phantom until IMU is finished calibrating.

14.Calibrate the compass if necessary.

15.Check for 56

satellites + and the words “Safe to Fly” If not safe to fly, proceed with caution

until you are instructed that it is “Safe to Fly.” (Enough satellites may connect with more

altitude/obstruction clearing.

16.Adjust the antenna on remote controller if necessary. Tip of antenna should not†be pointing at

the Phantom.

17.If area is safe and clear, start the motors using the CSC, or complete an autotakeoff.

PostFlight:

1. Once UAV is landed, execute the CSC or keep

throttle stick down fully to stop the motors.

2. Review photos/videos if necessary.

3. Power off Phantom (press power button, then

press/hold for 2 sec.)

4. Power off remote controller.

5. Install the lens cover & gimbal guard if

necessary.

6. Remove the Intelligent Flight Battery from the

Phantom.
Missing my number 1 check. Check home point on map before take off to ensure it is accurate.

One item that would be great as I usually forget it until later when is too late.

I would recommend adding in post flight section an item to remind to fill out log book, flight record sheet etc whatever is used. If not done then it might never get done.

Mike - still a NOOB but trying to de-NOOB.

I really like the check list ad will certainly use it, thank yall. I am abit confused from reading the posts about the best way to turn of the motors, csc or what is the other way? I do not yet have my drone it is on the way!

I am abit confused from reading the posts about the best way to turn of the motors, csc or what is the other way?
A CSC works too, but you could tip your Phantom if it's not done cleanly. Holding the left stick down for ~3 seconds is always safer.

Newby here, had interest a few years ago but it waned. My wife is in the real estate business and wanted me to get one so here I am. I'm taking it slow. Got around to starting everything today and have been updating the firmware. I'll try to use the search feature as much as possible but will ask here. I watched a tut saying to remove the camera while "getting your wings" so to speak. Does the app give any type of guidance as far as gps calibration, etc? Thanks for your patience.

Newby here, had interest a few years ago but it waned. My wife is in the real estate business and wanted me to get one so here I am. I'm taking it slow. Got around to starting everything today and have been updating the firmware. I'll try to use the search feature as much as possible but will ask here. I watched a tut saying to remove the camera while "getting your wings" so to speak. Does the app give any type of guidance as far as gps calibration, etc? Thanks for your patience.

If you haven’t downloaded the manual I urge you to do so. Then read through it at least twice. Also, msinger’s site ‘phantomhelp.com’ is a wealth of information on your Phantom. Just select the correct Phantom model from the selection at the top of the page. The manual is available for download there also.

As for removing the camera as you mentioned in your post, I would strongly suggest NOT doing that. Just find a wide open space with no obstacles or WiFi interference and get started with your first flights. Start in beginner mode. Take your time. Do your preflight checks and be sure your settings are correct.

Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for the welcome. I have downloaded the manual and will do the reading. I'm assuming it is more than comes with the craft. I will check the resources sited, thanks. I meant to mention I have no desire and won't remove the camera. I did a maiden voyage a little while ago in the back yard and everything worked well. I live out surrounded by acreage so was pretty safe I wouldn't hit anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic