Phantom 3 slight shake when hovering

Reaction score
Alright so I searched and couldn't find anything on this so here goes! I recently purchased a phantom 3 and it has been running perfect the other day I noticed when it's just hovering in one spot the drone has a small but noticeable shake if you stand and watch it. The shake doesn't seem to show up on any videos or affect the pictures at all. I am just wondering if it is normal for there to be a small but noticeable shake when hovering or not! Thanks in advance

Alright so I searched and couldn't find anything on this so here goes! I recently purchased a phantom 3 and it has been running perfect the other day I noticed when it's just hovering in one spot the drone has a small but noticeable shake if you stand and watch it. The shake doesn't seem to show up on any videos or affect the pictures at all. I am just wondering if it is normal for there to be a small but noticeable shake when hovering or not! Thanks in advance
Check the props?

Sounds like a prop out of balance to me. Check those with a prop balancer. It could lead to the dreaded stress cracks.

Check the motors, too. Take out the battery and lift lightly up and down on the tip of each propeller. No play is good, so compare them.

Check the props?
Sounds like a prop out of balance to me. Check those with a prop balancer. It could lead to the dreaded stress cracks.
I have changed my props and it did seem to make a big difference but there is still a slight shake. My motors are all tight and there are no stress marks or cracks. And there is also no play in them. I have taken a video of it hovering.

I have changed my props and it did seem to make a big difference but there is still a slight shake. My motors are all tight and there are no stress marks or cracks. And there is also no play in them. I have taken a video of it hovering.
Try balancing them if you haven't already. I'm not an expert so maybe someone else has a better idea.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
here's a video of the shaking

Hmmm. Watched that video 3 times. I see no visible shaking that would be related to the props. Unless you were moving the camera around all I could see was somewhat of a drift, but not enough to be greatly concerned about. Really hard to say. At least from that view. I looked closely ( As possible) for vibrations. Didn't see any. Just my thought. Maybe someone will see what you are talking about.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Hmmm. Watched that video 3 times. I see no visible shaking that would be related to the props. Unless you were moving the camera around all I could see was somewhat of a drift, but not enough to be greatly concerned about. Really hard to say. At least from that view. I looked closely ( As possible) for vibrations. Didn't see any. Just my thought. Maybe someone will see what you are talking about.
Ya their was a bit of a drift the shake is really hard to get on video o can try again it's a pretty small shake but I do notice the camera and drone shake a little when I watch them hover but it is not noticeable on the video the drone takes nor does it affect my pictures so should I be to concerned about it

Reactions: tommy.wheeler.39
I also have a slight shake/vibration on my Phantom but it does not affect video at all so I consider it not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yeah that wasn't very stable hover. I thought I saw a vibration in the camera, weight of the lens cap, could be something? Not showing up on your vids is good. So not sure, IMU cal, and a gimbal cal, couldn't hurt. Is the vibration your talking about? Did it look like what I thought I saw like the gimbal / camera shaking.

Oh, Welcome to the Forum!

Rod

The vibration is in the body but it does make it to the camera to but it doesn't affect my video that it takes. I did just leave the lens cap on cause I was trying to get a video quick at lunch. It was in gps mode just not very good satellite connection that's y it was drifting. I have tried recalibration everything numerous times I will try and get a better video in the daylight tommorow of the shaking! It only seems to be when hovering not when moving. And yes it looks like what I'm guessing you saw in my gimbal/camera.

How high were you hovering? I'm thinking ground effect if it was low hover?
Just noticed mine shakes while hovering but goes away when I move it in any direction. I think its fine. I don't see any problems with it so far.
I was hovering about 5-6 feet but i noticed it at about 9-10 feet high I do believe it is just a little shake from the drone trying to stay in hover. I took it for a small flight today and it's a completely calm day and their was almost no shake to it hovering. So I do believe I was just being over cautious seeing as how I never noticed the slight shake before! But thanks for all the help guys.

I was hovering about 5-6 feet but i noticed it at about 9-10 feet high I do believe it is just a little shake from the drone trying to stay in hover. I took it for a small flight today and it's a completely calm day and their was almost no shake to it hovering. So I do believe I was just being over cautious seeing as how I never noticed the slight shake before! But thanks for all the help guys.
Yeah I noticed mine about eye level but I don't think its anything to worry about.

Yeah I noticed mine about eye level but I don't think its anything to worry about.
Ya I noticed mine mostly around eye level as well. But the shake was barely visible today on a clear non windy day. I don't think it's anything to worry about now either just the phantom fighting the wind to hover in place!

I just remembered something, there was a thread, they guy would power up his bird holding onto it, and he could feel the vibration, then he knew to check his props, I think I got a post in it, I will look.

Rod

Added: Yep!, Yep!

Standard - Stuttering/Jittery video after crash/repair

:)

Last edited:
Check the motors, too. Take out the battery and lift lightly up and down on the tip of each propeller. No play is good, so compare them.

What do you mean "No play?" I have the same issue. When I checked my props, they did kind of bend when I pressed up and down on them. Is that bad?

The bending is normal. A kind of "bumping" movement is what I meant. (Compare them with each other, they should all behave the same)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers