Phantom 3 Professional sudden flip and crash (FlightRecord vid p.2, LogData .csv p.3)

Reaction score
Yesterday I was hanging out at the beach and planned to do some footage. The location was around 100 km from my place. So, got down to the beach, turned on Tx, then the bird, then calibrated successfully, started the motors manually and took off. I let it hover for around a minute or so, everything was fine, light winds (5-6km/h), 19 satellites at the present. I hit forward like I normally would to fly it straight forward altogether with ascending as well then suddenly it flipped and crashed upside down to the sand :( The reason of the crash is still unknown, I have seen nothing wrong with the bird or Tx then it suddenly happened. Unfortunately, everything is still in good working order except for four motors were covered in a bit of sand. I went home and tested it again after spending 3 hours cleaning all the sand in all 4 motors, it worked and I still wonder if I need to take this matter to DJI warranty. I am definitely not confident enough to fly my P3P now. I am now on my 47 flight and took off at 100% battery (30-cycle) when this happened. I am still lucky enough to keep it in one piece.
Picture of the flight record for now, that was me trying to execute CSC when it flipped. I would try to pull the flight log later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 1,289
I have also noticed that there is also a problem with v1.2.6 and VPS so I turned it off during the flight like DJI and some members on this forum had advised.

I ever heard here (actualy read here) that u cant do a calibration on the beach, cause the magnetic zone...

Lets see what the guys here have to tell about it...

Reactions: Craigross
I ever heard here (actualy read here) that u cant do a calibration on the beach, cause the magnetic zone...

Oh so that might be the reason. Anyone has an idea of the sudden flip?

Where is the magnetic zone in beaches? What do you mean?

Same happened to me. But all what i lost is 4 props and it happened in the city not on a beach.

A discussion about it happenned here, im just saying what i read before, dont ask me for any detail...

I dont know, but some said that the sand could have magnetic interference...

Man, just to make sure, i understand about magnetic thing as much as i understand about the Nepal history.. Nothing!

Lol so is this a failing P3P or am I having the bad luck draw from v1.2.6 firmware. If that is the case, DJI is causing problem with my P3P

Your picture shows the sticks in a CSC event which will shut down the craft. Did you mean to do that?

Might be VPS related at 2 meters. I would definitely get the log files to DJI for them to look at.

Can't see how a magnetic field would cause this type of issue - although everyone seems to blame such events on that. I personally can't see the logic.
In any case I wouldn't expect there to be much interference at the beach, let alone 2 meters in the air

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Your picture shows the sticks in a CSC event which will shut down the craft. Did you mean to do that?

Might be VPS related at 2 meters. I would definitely get the log files to DJI for them to look at.

Can't see how a magnetic field would cause this type of issue - although everyone seems to blame such events on that. I personally can't see the logic.
In any case I wouldn't expect there to be much interference at the beach, let alone 2 meters in the air
I did CSC to turn off the motors after it has been flipped to the sand. I didn't execute CSC during the flight. VPS was off and I was only about to fly straight out then it flipped. I would try to get the log files later and upload flight record as a video so you will have a better idea :)

This is my flight log as text file from my iPad. Is this the correct format?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2015-07-04_[14-32-42].txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 540
For some reason I could not upload the converted .CSV file for everyone to view. Please go to http://www.djilogs.com to convert and view my file there. Now after looking into the data file, I am suspecting it is a bad battery.

Does anyone have any idea ??? :( seems like I am the only one with this problem now?

1 and 2 are not CSC for the P3.

Reactions: zincsoldier
If you have video of the event can you post the video of the flip?
If he accidentally killed the motors wouldn't it have simply flopped straight back down?
Or maybe it flipped because of the forward movement?

At least it didn't head for the Ivory coast and get lost at sea

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.