Phantom 3 Pro fell from the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So my phantom 3 just decided to fall 30ft from the sky, the motors cut out while I was bringing it in closer to land. The full thing is a write off, had it less than 2 weeks

On the lucky side of things I was coming down from 150 meters

Anyone else had something similar? What's the warranty turn around time like (UK based)

Issues
Body is smashed
Landing gear is bent
Propellers are damaged
Camera is smashed and has snapped of the gimbal
Gimbal is smashed
The app now says "no altitude data"

And those are the things I can see

Reactions: mmee1992
I've heard about it but I don't think it was CSC.

The sticks were not in the positions

Naaa. It just did it on it's own.
Did you buy with cc?
The only other hope you have is rtmf see what they do.
I hope it works out for you.
I think the number is in the millions now that just fall out of the sky. But only maybe 1 maybe 1 mite be real.

I purchased on finance which I intended to pay off in full over the next few months

I've contacted both DJI and the place I got it from, will send it back and see what they say. I really don't fancy having to pay for repair or getting another one so soon

Get your .TXT logs and share them here and we can take a look...

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer by USB.
2. Open iTunes.
3. Select your device in the toolbar. Go to Settings -> Apps.
4. Scroll down to the “File Sharing” section. Select DJI Pilot.
5. In the “DJI Pilot Documents” panel you’ll see some .txt files starting with DJIFlightRecord. Select the ones you want and drag them to an Explorer/Finder window of your choice.

So my phantom 3 just decided to fall 30ft from the sky, the motors cut out while I was bringing it in closer to land. The full thing is a write off, had it less than 2 weeks

On the lucky side of things I was coming down from 150 meters

Anyone else had something similar? What's the warranty turn around time like (UK based)

Issues
Body is smashed
Landing gear is bent
Propellers are damaged
Camera is smashed and has snapped of the gimbal
Gimbal is smashed
The app now says "no altitude data"

And those are the things I can see
DO you have any flight logs or the flight log video so we can see stick positions?

Cloud can you be specific in how to get the logs for Android?

Also, does it record stick movements? The Android app doesn't support it yet

I have the files, what is best to open them in for pasting here

You don't need to do anything fancy to view the stick positions, just go to the user center, select the middle icon for a list of flight logs, tap your flight to bring it up and then tap the icon of the controller in the bottom left, press play and as the flight progresses you can see stick movements. if a long flight you can speed it up with the X1 icon.

What am I looking for in the flight logs that will show if it was CSC
Like @F6Rider said above me go in the user center to view the log. If both sticks were in EITHER corner 100% that is a CSC.
Wkm-rc_set1.png

This was my stock position, I guess this is a CSC then, correct ? Is it possible to turn of CSC?

With the damage I've had I think it'll be easier to get another one than the cost of repair, very expensive mistake ;-(

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435181073.867744.jpg

Both iOS and Android log the stick movements.
You don't need to do anything fancy to view the stick positions, just go to the user center, select the middle icon for a list of flight logs, tap your flight to bring it up and then tap the icon of the controller in the bottom left, press play and as the flight progresses you can see stick movements.
I'd like to know if/how you can do this in the Android app.
Here's what my screen shows - there's no controller icon in bottom left.

i-gGm6H9c-M.png

Reactions: JBG
This was my stock position, I guess this is a CSC then, correct ? Is it possible to turn of CSC?

With the damage I've had I think it'll be easier to get another one than the cost of repair, very expensive mistake ;-(

View attachment 22861
Yeah it sure looks like it. Sorry for the loss of your aircraft man. Does anything look salvageable? You might try and part it out in the classifieds. You should be able to get a few hundred for the remote and if you have any spare batteries you could get some cash out of them to get some cash back to purchase another. Good luck man.

I know CSC is an emergency stop, but falling out of the sky uncontrolled vertically is better than a horizontal impact? Not sure that is a fair bet.

Couldn't ever conceive of doing the CSC inadvertently, but 90% my descent is with the bird coming toward me. Good to practice that orientation plus the right stick is toward 12 o'clock.

Reactions: JohnK and mmee1992
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic