Phantom 3 bugs....

There is no WiFi SSiD listed when the app is launched. I've tried renaming it and force searched for it from my WiFi setting on my iPhone. Still no luck.

So, I just came across this thread. I see the current problem is he cannot connected to the WiFi with his phone, it doesn't see it.

On a P3S remote, you don't need the Phantom or the DJI-Go app.
You can see and connect any device to the remotes WiFi, yes even a laptop, try-it. ;)

The WiFi signal from the remote is the same as any AP. If a mobile device doesn't see it, its not there.

Rod

So, I just came across this thread. I see the current problem is he cannot connected to the WiFi with his phone, it doesn't see it.

On a P3S remote, you don't need the Phantom or the DJI-Go app.
You can see and connect any device to the remotes WiFi, yes even a laptop, try-it. ;)

The WiFi signal from the remote is the same as any AP. If a mobile device doesn't see it, its not there.

Rod

Correct. It's not there on any device. Remote is not putting off any signal after the update.

The only thought I have, is leave the remote on until its dead, then charge it up and try it again.

To speed that process up, take the remote apart, disconnect the battery, short out the remote where the battery connects, say 10 mins. Put it back together and try it again.

The goal, is to remove any residual power on the remotes circuits, this is a standard routine I do on any electronics that is acting stupid.........

Rod

@Fishenmann ,
Been a member since August, and this is your first post?

Well,
Welcome to the forum!

"Have you tried reinstalling the firmware ? "
How can you install firmware on a remote that no mobile device can see?

This is a P3S, what do you have?
Answers can very between Phantom models. ;)

Rod

Last edited:
Have you tried deleting the Go App and reinstalling it on your phone. Just a thought.

Hello, If you have a P3S.
Please test and reply your results related to my post.
Phantom 3 bugs....

I would really appreciate it!

Rod

Added: Actually thanks for your input!
You are trying to help him out!

Last edited:
@Tee833,
You better give us an update!

Rod

now the remote will not link to the RC and the WiFi is gone out of the available networks.

To me this sounds like the update has bricked your wifi module in the remote.
The remote acts as the hub for your wi-fi so if it's dead then you won't see it when you search for wifi networks and the aircraft won't be able to log-in either so the Link LED will stay red.
Can you try another remote?

@Tee833,
You better give us an update!

Rod

Im about half a second away from pouring gasoline on it and lighting a match.

Been busy and not been able to update.

So I downloaded the latest FW on SD card. placed it in the AC. It says it updated and was successful on the update screen on the SD. Still no WiFi signal from the remote. So I cannot to connect to it. I deleted the APP. Reinstalled. Still nothing. I'm currently installing the original FW if it will allow it.

Just to throw in another wrench I called DJI Tech Support. About like carrying on a conversation with my 3 year old again.

She is telling em the iPhoneXS is not compatible. I explained it was working just fine the second before the FW update.

So... I have no answers.

I'll be damned. I fixed it.

I took the controller apart and the module had come partially unplugged. No flipping idea how because it hasn't been dropped and it literally disconnected during/while the update was taking place.

But I greatly appreciate everyone's input and ideas for a solution.

Reactions: RodPad
So another issue.....

Everything connects now like it should but says RC Signal Loss when it's right beside the remote?

Any Idea?

So you're still dead in the water? So this thing is useless now?

Everything is normal on the screen. GPS etc. Just says RC Signal loss. I cant control the camera... nothing.

I'm glad you posted back, yours is not the same problem.

All of these problems have been intermitting signal you can fly but you can't get further away than throwing a rock.

Sounds like it is the remote itself.
I think it would be the 5.8 signal from remote => to Phantom.
Question about Radio, uplink, downlink, frequency, & telemetry

Rod

Hmm. No idea.

I have the camera screen and can see it. I can take pictures and video from my phone. Just can't power it up to fly or move the camera.

What color is the link status light on the remote, and the link light near the link button on the phantom?

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.