Can't downgrade Firmware

Reaction score
Every time I try to downgrade the FW to 1.3.50 in DJI GO I get an Update error /Uploading Failed. Usually it just reach 4%.

Been trying to do it manually with the FW file on the SD card, but nothing happens. I'm sure my procedure is correct.

Is there some sort of lock in the software or on the drone that I need to shift, or something else I missed?
Really need to downgrade it so I can try with a third party battery.

Facing the same issue, unable to downgrade. I've tried the dji app but unfortunately it doesn't allow or rather doesn't show any downgrades that are available. I've tried to manually install a downgrade from the SD card but even that doesn't work.

What is current version of firmware do you have, and what version are you trying to load?

1.5.7 is what I updated to, and I really want to go back to the previous FW (v1.4.6)

I tried many things to down grade, if yours is flying be happy.

No signal after update

My Summery, 1.5.7 won't let you downgrade, even though I didn't think it would fix my signal problem.
The downgrade option on the app was a new as of about 30 days ago.

Not flying at all. But i think i read somewhere that updating the dji app fixes the no signal problem. try that and see if it works. I only have third party batteries so a downgrade is my only option, just i can't get that to happen.

Well, If you downgrade the firmware on a P3S from 1.5.7 you will be the first, let us know, updating the app dosn't work if you are already up to date. My unit is at DJI as of noon today.

Wow that's some service. whether we choose to downgrade or not is up to the owner, who paid for the product, similarly updates have to be approved by the owner in order for them to load on to his drone. but now it seems as drone owners we have no right over our machines. whether i choose to run my drone on dji props, batteries, antennas or after market parts is up to me, if it falls out of the sky then so be it that will be on me. But now we have an update that without informing the consumer locks his machine to only function if it runs the way they want. sorry if this is sounding like a rant.

RajP3S, I know this won't resolve your current issue, but keep in mind that you are not forced to install firmware updates. While I believe updating is the best choice for most people, it's not something you must do. If you choose not to upgrade, you can just ignore the upgrade prompts shown in DJI GO.

sorry msinger, but you misunderstand, my point is that the same way we have a choice as to install and update or not it should still be our choice if we choose to downgrade. but this new update fails to mention anywhere that you cannot downgrade. and as a consumer i feel cheated more especially since, not just myself but many others, have invested huge sums of money into our drones only to find that now some add-ons have become obsolete and not by our choosing. and more so we cannot go back, it's a situation of being trapped.

sorry msinger, but you misunderstand, my point is that the same way we have a choice as to install and update or not it should still be our choice if we choose to downgrade
Right -- I think I'm following along :)

And, I'm suggesting that you personally should never, ever upgrade your firmware again in the future so you're not back in this same situation again.

that is a given, but for now my bird is grounded. i hope someone qualified in this field can come up with a solution to downgrade.

Why is your bird grounded?

the new update does not allow you to fly with an after-market battery. unfortunately for me, i only have after market batteries. and where i live OEM batteries from a distributor or online are a little over double the normal price due to tax and customs regulations and shipping. The after market batteries are pretty good and i haven't had any issues with them, the oldest one i have is about 1 year old and still functions appropriately. So like that i have quite a few batteries, and now none of them work. This is a form of customization and to be honest it really should not have been penalized.

Ah, I see. Unfortunately, there's no way to work around that issue right now.

the issue is simple this update has effectively made our machines a closed user product. right now it's the batteries next it'll be our antennas, my antenna is an aftermarket unit.

To add to this issue,
I would have not updated to this firmware, if I new it could not be downgraded.
I did, because I saw I had the option at the time to downgrade which was new about 30-60 days ago.

I did a flight test same location, direction and elevation I always do.
Did the updates that night, no problems occurred.
Next day (evening) did IMU, Compass Cal, flew same test same time of day.
In 2 minutes I could tell I was screwed again.

I brought up the downgrade screen Ios, none available, screwed again.
Then I brought up the downgrade screen Droid, none available, screwed again.

I had used Ifunbox before doing the update so I had copied all files related to DJI to my PC, also from Android.
I had copied all files from the SD card including hidden files.

Anyways, everything I tried, about 10 hrs in 2 week period no luck on fixing the problem or downgrading firmware. Mostly tried many things via SD card, screwed again.

This is twice I have had to send in my P3S in due to upgrading, it is not even the same unit. The first time they sent back a different remote and bird, it was 30 days old.

This is my only RC thing I have, except for my TV.
Screwed Again

BTW, I went up to look for my lost P2V+ in the woods on Sunday, before the brush starts growing. Still to much snow on the road, take up the P3S get up about 100-150' overhead just getting above the treeline RTH keeps trying to kick in, not flyable.
Screwed Again

The only thing we can do is hope someone with knowledge about coding or something can find a solution but for the time being i think as many of us who feel aggrieved by this new update and the fact we can't choose to downgrade should email dji and complain. I figure almost any problem we face right now is due to this update whether it be usability of third party add-ons, or connection issues. we should have the downgrade function back.

I believe the feature (option) will come back, but this version (last version) was written on purpose or mistake and the instructions that the bird has won't let it downgrade. When the downgrade is option is avallable, I am guessing it may actually be in the new firmware itself, and that is why my many attempts to downgrade failed.

Knowledge of coding, most likely would need seem leaks from the company. I have done coding and still do a little but nothing like coding for firmware.

Can you borrow or test with a DJI battery? That might actually get you around your problem, meaning they won't let go any farther not having a valid battery.

BTW, I wouldn't use anything that is not DJI, I have had to many problems, Third time sending a unit in under warranty.
:rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj