Reaction score
Hello!

Anyone has an experience about software update with VPS module disconnected? I red a warning in another thread but did't get the answer what could happen if I'd try to update.

I believe/hope an update would cure connectivity issues I have, my VPS module is dead, have ordered a replacement but it may take a long time to arrive.

What's the worst thing that could happend if I try to update?

Hello!

Anyone has an experience about software update with VPS module disconnected? I red a warning in another thread but did't get the answer what could happen if I'd try to update.

I believe/hope an update would cure connectivity issues I have, my VPS module is dead, have ordered a replacement but it may take a long time to arrive.

What's the worst thing that could happend if I try to update?
What we have seen reported here is that when someone tries to update FW with major components removed (e.g. camera or VPS module) the update process fails.

What we have seen reported here is that when someone tries to update FW with major components removed (e.g. camera or VPS module) the update process fails.

I was afraid that I could brick it if something gets corrupted during update.

If it's smart enough to cancel the update I might try and see what happens :)

I was afraid that I could brick it if something gets corrupted during update.

If it's smart enough to cancel the update I might try and see what happens :)
Was just reading,,will turning it off completely will that then be able to update or have you tryed,,and how you know it's dead,errors,not functioning when on,imu comes to mind if vps issue unless it dead,bit of info on that be bit more informing, or screen shot of issue or damaged

Was just reading,,will turning it off completely will that then be able to update or have you tryed,,and how you know it's dead,errors,not functioning when on,imu comes to mind if vps issue unless it dead,bit of info on that be bit more informing, or screen shot of issue or damaged

Hi,

There was enough smoke coming out of VPS module after I changed the fuse on the main board.. Pretty sure it's dead :(

I can fly and I have live video feed!! But no other info in the app. No battery level or anything else, (not connected reads at the top) Can calibrate the joysticks from app but not the sensors on aircraft. Led on remote is solid red but it's linked to the AC.

Tried to access remote and aircraft through FTP.. Did't see much but there were some files last edited in 1970 :) That's why I believe I need to update/reinstall the firmware.

Received new VPS module and got the aircraft updated without the Go app. Got Failed message in log file but I know it received the firmware from behavior.
But.. Still no connection to functions of the app, including updating the RC.

I might open a new the thread for updating the RC. I'll post a link here soon..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20