phantom 2 vision gps and batt info problem

Reaction score
I have a phantom 2 I bought used when I power it on outside with the controller on and my phone connected to it and range extender on in the vision app it shows the sd card the range extender and the video feed
but does not show battery life, gps satellites
it will let me calabrate the compass but the phantom blinks 1 green then 3 red I have changed the gps module and the same results. I'm thinking its deeper has any one ever had this problem or something similar if so what fixed it. I'm baffled

Plug into the assistant and go to the upgrade tab. Look at the GPS line and see if the hardware says 0.0.0.0 or what you want is 6.1.1.2. If it's the zeros it's not seeing the GPS module. That's the place to start. If you changed the GPS module then as with changing get any hardware you need to do a full IMU calibration so it collects the sensor data again. I'd give that a go.

I did a imu calabration I will check the assistant now

6dbcd67462c4e1087b4ee32dc2a87ebc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You're in Naza M mode, so if you calibrate the compass, after you finish the second rotation you should get 1 green and 3 reds. This is the normal and correct light sequence for less than 5 satellites. It's telling you the calibration was successful. So it doesn't appear your problem is calibration.

You're in Naza M mode, so if you calibrate the compass, after you finish the second rotation you should get 1 green and 3 reds. This is the normal and correct light sequence for less than 5 satellites. It's telling you the calibration was successful. So it doesn't appear your problem is calibration.
correct after calibration I get 1 red then 3 green but I does not change just keeps flashing like that I had it out there for 10 min like that. I don't think its that eather but I'm baffled what it is

Yeah I'm not saying you don't have a problem. I'm just saying the slight sequence doesn't indicate you have a bad compass calibration. It seems to indicate you have a good compass calibration.

Yeah I'm not saying you don't have a problem. I'm just saying the slight sequence doesn't indicate you have a bad compass calibration. It seems to indicate you have a good compass calibration.
I know I'm still baffled what it could be

Bump!! Still no idea

Has any one had this problem

Check the 4 pin plug on the gimbal (opposite the sd card slot). If it gets disconnected the telemetry to the app goes down.

Reactions: bernek
if its not picking up satellites you need to look into why, you say you have replaced the module, why did you do that ?, can you refit the original module and see if that works, also im not sure if you have the standard vision (egg camera) or the vision plus (small silver camera).
Having one flashing green means that it is seeing sats or at least less than 5 as stated.

confirm the quad type for me for futher help

I've had the same problem with my Phantom 2 vision +. The problem is the transmission of the data to the range extender. I have a Flytrex live tracker which pull the drones own data off through the canbus connection and relays it over the cell phone network. The flytrex data was transmitting ok. I checked all connections and found a poor contact on the 4 pin plug on the gimbal. Everything came back when I repaired the connection.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic