Phantom 2 V3 Vision + No Motor Start, GPS Lock or Video

Reaction score
I bought a used P2 V3 V+ that may have been in some kind of crash for parts or repair. I don't have much background on it, it has some small visible damage but the gimbal is intact and for the most part it looks like it may have been a minor crash, it came with the updated controller that charges, I've done IMU calibrations and stick on DJI assistant, the battery is at 75 percent it may need replacing. I can bind since I can move the gimble somewhat with the stick. I haven't been able to get any GPS signal , the major issue is even after the controller is on and compass calibration is done, there is a steady green light on the rear right light, I have searched online for what that is, but so far I found little about it, I'm vibing it's pointing towards a ESC motor issue, maybe the motor was damaged or wiring in the crash. I hooked it up to the App and it says RTF no GPS I was outside and didn't get any GPS so maybe the GPS is shot too. what are you thoughts? Also no video both on DJI Vision and Litchi, so might be wifi module issue, gimble is responsive, no motors engaged mo matter what I've tried, so probably bad ESC controller, any thoughts on what I should I do? Thanks attached a snip my DJI Assistant upgrade screen it's all up to date maybe I need to downgrade? I've posted on my local buy sell trade group looking for someone with experience who could check it out and maybe repair it, but that's a real long shot where I live, not too many DJI phantom pilots around here.

Reaction score
I bought a used P2 V3 V+ that may have been in some kind of crash for parts or repair. I don't have much background on it, it has some small visible damage but the gimbal is intact and for the most part it looks like it may have been a minor crash, it came with the updated controller that charges, I've done IMU calibrations and stick on DJI assistant, the battery is at 75 percent it may need replacing. I can bind since I can move the gimble somewhat with the stick. I haven't been able to get any GPS signal , the major issue is even after the controller is on and compass calibration is done, there is a steady green light on the rear right light, I have searched online for what that is, but so far I found little about it, I'm vibing it's pointing towards a ESC motor issue, maybe the motor was damaged or wiring in the crash. I hooked it up to the App and it says RTF no GPS I was outside and didn't get any GPS so maybe the GPS is shot too. what are you thoughts? Also no video both on DJI Vision and Litchi, so might be wifi module issue, gimble is responsive, no motors engaged mo matter what I've tried, so probably bad ESC controller, any thoughts on what I should I do? Thanks attached a snip my DJI Assistant upgrade screen it's all up to date maybe I need to downgrade? I've posted on my local buy sell trade group looking for someone with experience who could check it out and maybe repair it, but that's a real long shot where I live, not too many DJI phantom pilots around here.
I believe your GPS module is dead, th
I believe you're GPS module is dead, that is why it shows 0s and dashes on the assistant, I have had a bad GPS on my P2 before and it also wouldn't start the motors until it was replaced. There is a fragile antenna that gets broken (pictured, not mine.) Mine was not a vision though so don't know about the camera.

Attachments

Reaction score
It does seem the GPS is shot probably due to the crash I didn't notice what you pointed out about the GPS hardware/firmaware that's a clear sign, so I guess like you said it's safe to say, the motors will not engage without working GPS, but is that the only reason. I haven't be able to get the cover off because I stripped a couple of screws are stripped and I will have to extract them before I can get it off, I did manage to peak under the hood and saw where the GPS goes under the cover but really didn't pay much attention, there is a after market wifi module that has the waffle like design, who knows maybe someone did the heat sink mod.My guess is the GPS isn't the only thing that needs replacing, probably ESC I know the battery does as well unless it's modded and who knows what else, this could get expensive pretty quickly, I'm thinking best thing to do buy a P2 V+ that has little to no issues and keep the one I have for spare parts, or maybe just sell the one I got for parts, cut my losses and buy a P3 standard or pro. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: quadrotor
Reaction score
It does seem the GPS is shot probably due to the crash I didn't notice what you pointed out about the GPS hardware/firmaware that's a clear sign, so I guess like you said it's safe to say, the motors will not engage without working GPS, but is that the only reason. I haven't be able to get the cover off because I stripped a couple of screws are stripped and I will have to extract them before I can get it off, I did manage to peak under the hood and saw where the GPS goes under the cover but really didn't pay much attention, there is a after market wifi module that has the waffle like design, who knows maybe someone did the heat sink mod.My guess is the GPS isn't the only thing that needs replacing, probably ESC I know the battery does as well unless it's modded and who knows what else, this could get expensive pretty quickly, I'm thinking best thing to do buy a P2 V+ that has little to no issues and keep the one I have for spare parts, or maybe just sell the one I got for parts, cut my losses and buy a P3 standard or pro. Thoughts?
You won't regret going for P3 especially a pro or Advanced version, almost everything is just better than a P2.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yunior979