PH2 Vision + Gimbal Going Crazy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First post. Up until now I have been able to find all the information needed to repair my drone. (I know its old, but it's doing fine for my needs atm)

So i crashed it, got gimbal separation & the ribbon cable broke. I bought a DJI gimbal assembly repair kit which came with all the new ver3 motors etc & a new ribbon cable. I replaced all of them & now when you power up the drone they gimbal goes crazy & jerks around on all axis's.

Pretty sure the alignment is correct. I don't think you can get the alignment wrong with new motor assemblies etc. I have disassembled & reassembled it multiple times. Same issue, I am stumped.

So here I am asking for your help.

You can see the issue here: Twitch
I was twitch streaming the repair...

I had a P4 pro camera go nuts. It sounds like the same as what yours is doing. It had only been used twice, no crashes. The entire camera assembly had to be replaced.

The P4 has a very different gimbal assembly compared to the P2 Vision +. The easiest solution is to replace the whole thing yes... but I would rather repair this one if possible.

Hi. Couple of thoughts here.

Hunch #1- cable damage. Any nicks in the ribbon cable? Does the video stream despite the thrashing?

Also, do an IMU calibration (with the camera unplugged). This is to address my Hunch #2 which is the IMU is off, after your crash and the camera is counteracting phantom movement the IMU is feeding it.

Hunch #3. Is the set screw on the yaw motor tight and in the right spot?

Turner

Hi all,

I figured out my issue. I had mounted the camera on the shaft 180 degrees out. The flat part of the shaft needs to be facing the rear of the camera not the front. Silly me, I should have paid more attention when I disassembled it.

Now I can go flying again. Fingers crossed no more crashes for a while.

Reactions: David Bruce Kerr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.