P4P Part/Repair Help Needed

DaShu

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hey All,
Crashed my P4P, think it was attacked by a bird while doing a range extender flight test. It fell from roughly 250 feet, broke 2 of the 4 propeller blades, 1 side of the landing gear clean off the other hanging by wires, bent the gimbal arm and the battery popped apart. After installing a new gimbal arm and landing gear, I ended up with all kinds of sensor issues(left, right, rear, downward)... replaced the gimbal ribbon cable twice (1st time 3rd party cable, 2nd was DJI), replaced the ultrasonic downward sensor assembly, replaced the 2 primary boards under the gimbal housing(from a crashed P4P). Good news is I got all my sensors back and was able to calibrate them, the bad news is I still have no camera. Error message says there is a camera sensor error. Does anyone know exactly which board is the camera sensor or what else I can try? The gimbal acts as it should going through self test on startup and goes through the calibration sequence. The device was not powered when I got to where it was crashed so I dont think the gimbal is smoked.... I have been through the gimbal assembly several times and confident all the cables are seated in their connectors correctly....

Hey All,
Crashed my P4P, think it was attacked by a bird while doing a range extender flight test. It fell from roughly 250 feet, broke 2 of the 4 propeller blades, 1 side of the landing gear clean off the other hanging by wires, bent the gimbal arm and the battery popped apart. After installing a new gimbal arm and landing gear, I ended up with all kinds of sensor issues(left, right, rear, downward)... replaced the gimbal ribbon cable twice (1st time 3rd party cable, 2nd was DJI), replaced the ultrasonic downward sensor assembly, replaced the 2 primary boards under the gimbal housing(from a crashed P4P). Good news is I got all my sensors back and was able to calibrate them, the bad news is I still have no camera. Error message says there is a camera sensor error. Does anyone know exactly which board is the camera sensor or what else I can try? The gimbal acts as it should going through self test on startup and goes through the calibration sequence. The device was not powered when I got to where it was crashed so I dont think the gimbal is smoked.... I have been through the gimbal assembly several times and confident all the cables are seated in their connectors correctly....
Isn’t he in New York or somewhere like that for the summer?
Think someone posted that he was heading to New York not sure if he's left yet

Reactions: DaShu
Good luck. He’s the best. Don’t know if he traveled or not with all that’s happening. Talk of closing our FL borders. Ouch

Hey All,
my guess is the card right behind the camera. that is the one inch sensor that DHI brags about. It is under the pitch ESC, I think it is called CMOS.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31