Reaction score
Just wanna hear all your thoughts to be honest. its pretty obvious that DJI have forgotten about the phantom series of drones, even though id say there still one of the best drones they produce, maybe not as portable as the mavics but I still love mine. I just want them to give them a little update, give them some of the cool boomerang and asteroid effects that the mavic can do etc. Its such a powerful and quality bit of kit, seems such a waste DJI just forgetting about it and all its users, what do y'all think?

Who knows if DJI will make more smart modes available for the p4p. I have asked the Litchi devs if they might step up and provide a workaround and their reply was that they thought that the suggestion was a good idea and they would consider working on it.

As always, just have to wait and see.

There will be an update for sure! At least P4P v2.0 will accept 2 controllers with the upcoming update! Maybe there will be more...!![emoji2]

Reactions: DMcNamara
Just wanna hear all your thoughts to be honest. its pretty obvious that DJI have forgotten about the phantom series of drones, even though id say there still one of the best drones they produce, maybe not as portable as the mavics but I still love mine. I just want them to give them a little update, give them some of the cool boomerang and asteroid effects that the mavic can do etc. Its such a powerful and quality bit of kit, seems such a waste DJI just forgetting about it and all its users, what do y'all think?
Has DJI forgotten about Phantoms ...or is it just that they are running well and there's no need to update anything?
As for the cool new features of the Mavic 2, maybe they will come and maybe not.
It's possible that some may require more advanced hardware than the Phantom has.

Has DJI forgotten about Phantoms ...or is it just that they are running well and there's no need to update anything?
As for the cool new features of the Mavic 2, maybe they will come and maybe not.
It's possible that some may require more advanced hardware than the Phantom has.

I dont know, I just feel that the phantom is one of DJIs most expensive drones and is still being sold, so it should be updated! yes they are very reliable and run well but I cant see why we cant get some of those features that the mavic has, it does have the better camera for it!

That litchi information seems exciting though!

If they add custom AEB and let's say 150Mbps bitrate for the 4k60p mode, I'll be perfectly happy with my P4P. Most gimmicks the Mavic 2 received can be done manually (Hyperlapse) or in post (dolly zoom). But we cannot change e.g. the AEB settings (manual bracketing takes much more time and pain in the alignment later), and of course no way to boost the bitrate.

I’ve got my phantom for pro eight months ago brand new got the plus model with the entry grading screen gave me problems for six months up to about a week ago finally grew a pair of balls and did the newest 105.600 firmware update completely change the drone next to perfect I still love my phantom I did purchase the new Mavic pro and it does fly better and it does have an amazing camera with more color bit , they will discontinue the regular phantom for pro but the phantom five will probably be released this year I would say around Christmas get ready to reach deep into your pockets I’m sure it’ll be over 2000 and with the lenses we’re probably looking at three grand but if you love the Bantam series start saving your money and if you’re wondering about the Mavic pro I love mine more and more of only had it two days and it is just awesome one thing I’ll let everyone Know that when you return to home it does not have Percision landing in Atlantis two or three of wheat away from the original spot I do not know why they took that amazing beach or out other than that it’s a wonderful drown was a great camera of course hostile blo know that when you return to home it does not have Percision landing in Atlantis two or three if we eat away from the original spot I do not know why they took that amazing feature out other than that it’s a wonderful drown was a great camera of course hasslblad is One of the best cameras in the world really helps a lot I took the drone up last night and I could not believe the pictures it takes at night it has a feature in the Photos called hyper light and wow you would not believe the photos this thing can take it night in auto mode so if you’re wondering about the Mavic too I’m telling you It’s worth the money but get the plow more package and get ready to push out $1800

Attachments

• 46CE6184-9CD4-429C-9F1A-7B3654E383D9.jpeg
    46CE6184-9CD4-429C-9F1A-7B3654E383D9.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 371
I’ve got my phantom for pro eight months ago brand new got the plus model with the entry grading screen gave me problems for six months up to about a week ago finally grew a pair of balls and did the newest 105.600 firmware update completely change the drone next to perfect I still love my phantom I did purchase the new Mavic pro and it does fly better and it does have an amazing camera with more color bit , they will discontinue the regular phantom for pro but the phantom five will probably be released this year I would say around Christmas get ready to reach deep into your pockets I’m sure it’ll be over 2000 and with the lenses we’re probably looking at three grand but if you love the Bantam series start saving your money and if you’re wondering about the Mavic pro I love mine more and more of only had it two days and it is just awesome one thing I’ll let everyone Know that when you return to home it does not have Percision landing in Atlantis two or three of wheat away from the original spot I do not know why they took that amazing beach or out other than that it’s a wonderful drown was a great camera of course hostile blo know that when you return to home it does not have Percision landing in Atlantis two or three if we eat away from the original spot I do not know why they took that amazing feature out other than that it’s a wonderful drown was a great camera of course hasslblad is One of the best cameras in the world really helps a lot I took the drone up last night and I could not believe the pictures it takes at night it has a feature in the Photos called hyper light and wow you would not believe the photos this thing can take it night in auto mode so if you’re wondering about the Mavic too I’m telling you It’s worth the money but get the plow more package and get ready to push out $1800
Do you write in English as well?

Reactions: Meta4 and monki77
my Apologies if this has been covered in a previous thread but I’m curious if anyone has any information on why the P4P hasn’t been updated to receive the quick shot modes that all other drones now have? The Mavic 1 was updated to have them after the fact so why no P4P?

my Apologies if this has been covered in a previous thread but I’m curious if anyone has any information on why the P4P hasn’t been updated to receive the quick shot modes that all other drones now have? The Mavic 1 was updated to have them after the fact so why no P4P?

Market segmentation? BTW the only thing I miss, is the adjustable bracketing...

We could assume it's down to marketing, to make people assume they are getting special features other drones don't have. Or you take the elitist attitude and assume it's because Phantom owners don't need their hand holding to do fancy things which can be done better in post or with manual controls.

To be fair though, I keep forgetting the P4P is 2 years old now. Not many companies add features to 2 year old products.

Reactions: flyguy95
Market segmentation? BTW the only thing I miss, is the adjustable bracketing...
Yes, the HDR photo abilities are cool. From a filmmaking standpoint the quick shot modes are an amazing tool to have. Yes, all of it can be done manually of course, however having the easability to repeat the process a few times automatically to have a couple of different takes to choose from in post production helps take it to the next level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic