Drone Cleaning + P4P With DJI Goggles

Reaction score
Hi again all,

After receiving great answers from my first post I was hoping to gain some more knowledge out of you fellow drone pilots as I am still very new to drones myself :) .

1) How often (if at all) do you clean your drones and how do you do it? Should they be cleaned if flying in conditions such as over the beach/ocean?

I know that if I take my hand held camera to the beach I inevitably end up with ocean mist / spray all over the lens and outer casing, which I just wipe down with a microfiber cloth, however I figured a drone may be more sensitive, especially around the motors with exposed metal parts, do you have a concern of rust / corrosion from flying in ocean winds?

2) Just a question in regards to the DJI goggles, from my research I have found that they were primarily designed for the Mavic drones and their functionality is limited with the P4P, however I was wondering if they can still be worn by a 2nd person providing them with a first person perspective whilst the pilot of the P4P still flies with their normal display screen?

For example, if I am flying the P4P and have the DJI goggles plugged in via mini-HDMI cable, will the display fully shift over to the goggles or will it be displayed on both the goggles (minus the flight info HUD) and the tablet or inbuilt display of the P4P+ ?

Thank you!

Hi again all,

After receiving great answers from my first post I was hoping to gain some more knowledge out of you fellow drone pilots as I am still very new to drones myself :) .

1) How often (if at all) do you clean your drones and how do you do it? Should they be cleaned if flying in conditions such as over the beach/ocean?

I know that if I take my hand held camera to the beach I inevitably end up with ocean mist / spray all over the lens and outer casing, which I just wipe down with a microfiber cloth, however I figured a drone may be more sensitive, especially around the motors with exposed metal parts, do you have a concern of rust / corrosion from flying in ocean winds?

2) Just a question in regards to the DJI goggles, from my research I have found that they were primarily designed for the Mavic drones and their functionality is limited with the P4P, however I was wondering if they can still be worn by a 2nd person providing them with a first person perspective whilst the pilot of the P4P still flies with their normal display screen?

For example, if I am flying the P4P and have the DJI goggles plugged in via mini-HDMI cable, will the display fully shift over to the goggles or will it be displayed on both the goggles (minus the flight info HUD) and the tablet or inbuilt display of the P4P+ ?

Thank you!
I just give wipe down cloth,nothing special,,yes can have goggles for person next to you,it's what I do because not like to wear them.this my p4 but you should have same settings under HD,I'm unsure if it will display to tablet and device if only plugged to mini usb port,remote ports are stupid cause you need a hdmi adapter to fit the hdmi port on remote,then you can display to device and headset,,this way you see all info displayed in headset like the dji app,,
20180829_101425.jpg
Screenshot_20180829-102446.jpg

Reactions: Zaiforce
Interesting ianzone! Thank you very much for that info :)

If I'm able to fly with my same display on the tablet while the other person can watch the flight through the headset that is exactly what I'm after :)

Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z