Production of all P4P discontinued is there a P5 coming?

The new Matrice is tempting, but the 210 (the one I would buy if I went there) is a bit out of reach at the moment. I'm waiting for DJI to release the Inspire 2 with ocusync to buy myself one of those.

I'd love a Matrice, or more accurately I'm going to get one but it'll be next year before I can afford it as it'll have to be the 600 series for me. There is little incentive for a large quad in Australia. The things I mainly use them for such as in close proximity of people or over populous or built up areas require engine and battery redundancy for it to be allowed by C.AS.A. so that means a hex rotor minimum. I did buy the last new Inspire 1 v2 I know of locally a little while back but only because it was offered to me for silly money to get it off the dealers shelf before end of financial year otherwise I would have just kept on holding off for the Matrice 600 pro.

Regards
Ari

Reactions: Ansia
Everything to me points to the introduction of a new line between the P4P V2 and Inspire 2.
DJI has a history of bringing in technologies as a testing ground then developing this new tech in further lines. I don’t buy the “no parts” line.
I think the Mavic 2 Zoom is a prelude to a line that defiantly has significant zoom capability interchangeable or not. Portability is also an important issue.
The market is crying out for professionals to deploy fast, portable and quality (camera) drones whilst also appealing to the serious none pro users.
There is big money to be made here. Too much honey to leave in the hive.
The tech is there ready to go. The market is ready. The US and other important economies have picked up a bit and there is no guarantee this growth is long term. Consumer confidence has increased. So sooner rather than later.
So, I stick by a new announcement in the next few weeks or months. I hope its months till my piggy bank feels heavier. I am going to start writing my “for sale” pitch for my Mavic 2 Zoom and P4P V2.

Maybe wishful thinking. We will see.

Everything to me points to the introduction of a new line between the P4P V2 and Inspire 2.
DJI has a history of bringing in technologies as a testing ground then developing this new tech in further lines. I don’t buy the “no parts” line.
I think the Mavic 2 Zoom is a prelude to a line that defiantly has significant zoom capability interchangeable or not. Portability is also an important issue.
The market is crying out for professionals to deploy fast, portable and quality (camera) drones whilst also appealing to the serious none pro users.
The tech is there ready to go. The market is ready. The US and other important economies have picked up a bit and there is no guarantee this growth is long term. Consumer confidence has increased. So sooner rather than later.
So, I stick by a new announcement in the next few weeks or months. I hope its months till my piggy bank feels heavier. I am going to start writing my “for sale” pitch for my Mavic 2 Zoom and P4P V2.

Maybe wishful thinking. We will see.
There will be an announcement around the 23rd of this month. According to sources, it's a completely new product. Let us wait and see.

I don’t buy the “no parts” line.

As unlikely as it sounds it's true John, although they caused their own parts shortage through their own actions. It was planned. Unless they source a alternative for this part we won't see the P4P back again and if they were going to do that why let the orders for part lapse in the first place?

There we have the rub. We've never seen interchangeable lens on anything smaller than the limited run of P4E's that the pictures were leaked for a year or so ago. We've never seen a hardware shutter on anything smaller than a P4 either for that matter although I don't see why it couldn't be done. We haven't seen interchangeable cameras on anything smaller than an Inspire yet. It just comes down to the issue of the aircraft will have to have a larger size than a Mavic to lift a pro level camera with interchangeable lens/camera and a battery big enough to power the whole show for a useful time so once again we're back to something at least as large as a Phantom airframe on current tech. It'll come to the market, I just don't think right now.

The smallest R.P.A. I can think of which has or at least plans to have interchangeable cameras (At this point it's only been released with one camera the rest are promised "soon") is the xDynamics Evolve which is larger than a Phantom and only manages a 20 minute flight time (it's no more stable in a hover than an Inspire 1 also). It's an impressive looking machine but it comes over as "not quite fully cooked" at this point. Let's hope it "evolves".

it's that vicious three cornered equation of Weight vs Size vs Battery and battery technology is always the weak link and has been for 20 years. There are a few new battery technologies in the testing stage now but we are going to be living with LiPo for another 2 years or so on the consumer market. So, while interchangeable lenses or cameras can be done I don't think they can do it for general production on something Mavic sized just yet. Hardware shutter for sure, and that would be enough for me actually but anything more and there goes that important issue of portability.

I'll be hanging on to my P4P v 2.0 for a bit yet.

My thoughts also, I just can't see DJI allowing another player to get ahead by leaving a gap in the market for them.

Regards
Ari

I think DJI is rethinking is prosumer and proffesional models since JARUS is starting to produce lot of recommendations and complete guides for drones and pilots safe operations. I don't know for sure about the FAA but EASA is going to implement them right away

Saludos

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers