P4 Firmware P4A+ Firmware Update

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just after a quick bit of info.

Hopefully my new P4A+ will arrive tomorrow and I was wondering if I should update the FW to the latest versions straight away? The P4A doesn't seem to be discussed nearly as much as the Pro.

Also what is the usual method for updating the Phantoms that have the controllers with the integrated screens?

Thanks for any help.

Most of the time.........updates cause headaches...just activate it and fly it........keep it in beginner mode till you become more accustomed to the drone and take offs and flights and landings !.....many of us never update.....I've read about guys going a year and never update... My P3 SE is seven months old and it fly's great....No updates for me ! The best of luck to you and check in from time to time to let us all know just how your doing !

what is the usual method for updating the Phantoms that have the controllers with the integrated screens?
You can update the remote controller firmware like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Note: You can click the "Check for Update" button here to download the update if you don't want to install the update from a memory card.

Just an update, the r/c prompted for updates so I went with it. Looking forward to hopefully getting the new intelligent modes soon.

Hi all,

Just after a quick bit of info.

Hopefully my new P4A+ will arrive tomorrow and I was wondering if I should update the FW to the latest versions straight away? The P4A doesn't seem to be discussed nearly as much as the Pro.

Also what is the usual method for updating the Phantoms that have the controllers with the integrated screens?

Thanks for any help.
Hi

I am the same as you with a P4A +, in theory all firmware updates should be tested before release(famous last words) and in the last days updated with no apparent issues.

I also updated over wifi and in addition have just registered on the DJI forum to beta test for the Pano mode(really looking forward to that).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31