Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P4 Firmware P4A+ Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by Helidan, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Helidan

Hi all,

Just after a quick bit of info.

Hopefully my new P4A+ will arrive tomorrow and I was wondering if I should update the FW to the latest versions straight away? The P4A doesn't seem to be discussed nearly as much as the Pro.

Also what is the usual method for updating the Phantoms that have the controllers with the integrated screens?

Thanks for any help.

2. MotorCycle-Man

Most of the time.........updates cause headaches...just activate it and fly it........keep it in beginner mode till you become more accustomed to the drone and take offs and flights and landings !.....many of us never update.....I've read about guys going a year and never update... My P3 SE is seven months old and it fly's great....No updates for me ! The best of luck to you and check in from time to time to let us all know just how your doing !

3. msinger

You can update the remote controller firmware like this:

Note: You can click the "Check for Update" button here to download the update if you don't want to install the update from a memory card.

4. Helidan

Just an update, the r/c prompted for updates so I went with it. Looking forward to hopefully getting the new intelligent modes soon.

5. Surfer

Hi

I am the same as you with a P4A +, in theory all firmware updates should be tested before release(famous last words) and in the last days updated with no apparent issues.

I also updated over wifi and in addition have just registered on the DJI forum to beta test for the Pano mode(really looking forward to that).

6. Surfer

P4A
    Updated to beta test firmware, Pano mode is excellent and no issues.