P4 RC plastic mobile device holder - stopped working

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've had P4 for a couple of weeks and only done 2-3 hours of flying.
Overall very happy with the drone.
The only thing I am very disappointed with is the plastic mobile device holder that simply stopped clamping the phone in place. Must be a very sh*tty cheap mechanism inside that lost some "teeth" . Very poor quality in my opinion.
I read someone had the same problem with P3 here
Tablet holder won't stay snug against tablet.

Just wondering if the actual plastic holder (not the aluminium mount) of P4's RC is the same as the one of P3? This would narrow down my search for a replacement. Also perhaps someone can recommend a better, upgraded after market holder?
Cheers

Thanks for a lightening speed reply.
Any recommendations for an after market version? I am in Australia and can only get the whole replacement from DJI, which includes the aluminium mount I don't need for $50 (AUD) + delivery. Too expensive for a holder that breaks so easily.

I've tried a few aftermarket mounts, but the OEM DJI mount is my favorite.

Fair enough. I just kinda lost faith in the original after it stopped working after 2 hours of use and the replacement is expensive. I guess I am gonna have to give it a second chance :) Thanks!

It might be more hassle than it's worth, but DJI might replace it under warranty. I've only seen that issue mentioned a few times, so I don't think the chances are high that it'll happen again if you get a replacement.

Reactions: Flying Dre

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20