P4 + DJI Go 4 + Android problems

Reaction score
I installed the latest firmware on the P4.

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and with a fresh clean install of the latest Android 7.0. I downloaded DJI Go 4 and tried to connect but failed. The app could not see the RC.

I then went into the tablet's Settings > Mobile Hotspot and tethering > turned on USB tethering. At this point, the DJI Go 4 app shows the P4 and RC connected on the main screen so I click on Enter Device, but now I get an Aircraft Disconnected message and no video feed.

Next, I went into Developer Options > USB configuration > selected RNDIS (USB Ethernet), but again, no video feed.

Finally, I tried reconnecting the RC to the P4 manually (Press C1,C2,recording button and shutter button at the same time. When you hear "D-DD" from the RC, release these buttons and press right dial quickly.Then you will see the RC indicator turns into blue. Find the linking button on the drone and press it.) and now the P4 flashes yellow quickly.

So all in all, this is totally screwed up. Can anybody help? I'm getting very frustrated. This is the second day I'm trying things and watching youtube videos trying to figure this thing out.

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and with a fresh clean install of the latest Android 7.0.
This may depend on the model of the S2 you have. But try this, turn off USB tethering. Turn on USB debugging. Not sure this will work for any other model than the older S2's. They have different processors, and RAM can vary between models. Also in your startup sequence. Make sure the S2 is awake from sleep when you power on the RC.

This may depend on the model of the S2 you have. But try this, turn off USB tethering. Turn on USB debugging. Not sure this will work for any other model than the older S2's. They have different processors, and RAM can vary between models. Also in your startup sequence. Make sure the S2 is awake from sleep when you power on the RC.

Just tried this but again, Aircraft Disconnected

You are doing this with the aircraft powered up, correct? Silly question I know but had to ask. What model S2 do you have?

You are doing this with the aircraft powered up, correct? Silly question I know but had to ask. What model S2 do you have?
Yes, absolutely. I'm now stuck trying to sync the RC to the P4. The yellow lights in the front keep flashing fast. What the heck am I doing wrong?! It's getting late here and I'm getting frustrated. I should work on this again tomorrow morning.

It's getting late here and I'm getting frustrated. I should work on this again tomorrow morning.
Agreed, start fresh.

I installed the latest firmware on the P4.

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and with a fresh clean install of the latest Android 7.0. I downloaded DJI Go 4 and tried to connect but failed. The app could not see the RC.

I then went into the tablet's Settings > Mobile Hotspot and tethering > turned on USB tethering. At this point, the DJI Go 4 app shows the P4 and RC connected on the main screen so I click on Enter Device, but now I get an Aircraft Disconnected message and no video feed.

Next, I went into Developer Options > USB configuration > selected RNDIS (USB Ethernet), but again, no video feed.

Finally, I tried reconnecting the RC to the P4 manually (Press C1,C2,recording button and shutter button at the same time. When you hear "D-DD" from the RC, release these buttons and press right dial quickly.Then you will see the RC indicator turns into blue. Find the linking button on the drone and press it.) and now the P4 flashes yellow quickly.

So all in all, this is totally screwed up. Can anybody help? I'm getting very frustrated. This is the second day I'm trying things and watching youtube videos trying to figure this thing out.

Do you get a prompt when connecting the controller to the tablet that has an option "allow this device to connect" or "charge only"?

On my huawei I have to choose the counterintuitive option of charge only. If I choose allow this device to connect it will not work.

Do you get a prompt when connecting the controller to the tablet that has an option "allow this device to connect" or "charge only"?
No. The prompt says " Open DJI GO or Litchi".....Once/Always. I always chose once, as to not set a default.

No. The prompt says " Open DJI GO or Litchi".....Once/Always. I always chose once, as to not set a default.
I get that prompt as well. I get two seperate prompt boxes. One is allow to connect to device or charge only. I choose charge only. Then I get the prompt for dji go with a check box to use always. I also choose the just once option.

The charge only propmt gave me headaches for quite a while as it is counterintuitive. I dont want to charge my tablet, I want to connect it! However the charge only prompt works flawlessly. If I choose allow to connect it would work sporadically until it didnt work at all.

And this is with which S2 model? After extensive research I chose the SMT-710. It has performed flawlessly. The others, ( 713 and so forth ) I can't vouch for. But all should work... hence the word (Should).

And this is with which S2 model? After extensive research I chose the SMT-710. It has performed flawlessly. The others, ( 713 and so forth ) I can't vouch for. But all should work... hence the word (Should).
No... Sorry if that wasn't clear. This is with a huawei m3. I was asking thw original poster if they were getting this connect/charge prompt only because the s2 is android and may have that issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj