Random question: what's the grease situation with your mobile device holder?

Exposed grease?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Random question for anyone who has a Phantom 4:

Is there lubrication/grease exposed on the back of your controller's mobile device holder when it is extended and holding your tablet/device?

I've recently gotten a Phantom 4 RTK for work, but when I did my first test flight I noticed a sticky substance all over my hands. After cleaning up and inspecting my gear, I realized there was goop all over the back of the fully-extended device holder (see photo). When I emailed the sales person who I quoted and purchased the drone with, he said that this is simply lubrication for the tracks and its supposed to be this way. I can understand that there is grease used to lubricate the INSIDE of this piece, but is this mobile device holder actually supposed to have EXPOSED grease on the back of it collecting dirt and getting all over your hands during usage? I don't know if the same grease was used in my old Phantom 3 controller device holder, or if it was greased at all, but there was certainly no exposed grease on it getting all over my hands while I flew surveys.

I'd appreciate any P4 pilot's response on what the grease situation is with your controller device holder.

Attachments

• 20220217_192735.jpg
    20220217_192735.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
Both of my P4Ps have that grease. Sprayed on WD40 and the old stuff came off but kept it lubricated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.