No connection from RC to Mobile device

Reaction score
So I don't get crucified let me preface this by stating I have done a fair amount of research but no one has described the problem the same as I am having. Similar but not exactly.

I just bought what was supposed to be a brand new Phantom 4 from an online forum. And by looking over everything it does seem to be new. I owned a Phantom 4 previous to this one but sold it when the Mavic came out but after all the delays I decided to just go back to the phantom 4.

The problem I'm having is that my RC will not connect to my mobile device (ios) OR android, multiple different cords. The app shows "disconnected" but I have a green light on my RC showing it's connected to the Drone and I can control the gimbals and start the motors.

My initial thought was lets update the firmware. However that is done through the app which I can't connect too.

I read where some folks were having some success by factory resetting their device, I did this with no change in results.

It's as if the USB connector on my RC is broken. So I purchased the HDMI output module and connected to the USB port there and I'm still having the same problem. Other examples I have seen typically revolve around someone's mobile device showing "disconnected" after a new firmware on a drone they had previously been flying, Or a problem with their mobile device and all they needed to do was uninstall and reinstall the app. I haven't seen anyone with a NEW P4 not being able to connect to the mobile device. Any thoughts? Is there a factory reset for the transmitter?

Last edited:
Do you have also a "deserializer disconnected" message or just "disconnected"?
Is the P4 under warranty?
If not and if you have the "deserializer disconnected" message, could be the damaged/not perfectly connected ribbon cable between module and radio.
You'd have to open the RC and check but, if P4 is brand new and stills under warranty, I suggest you to not touch it and contact DJI.
Or to wait other user's suggestions.

I have not seen the "deserializer" message. Most of the time it just shows the "how to connect" button where normally the "camera" is located. I've checked the ribbon cables in the back of the transmitter at the output module and everything seems right.

I have not seen the "deserializer" message. Most of the time it just shows the "how to connect" button where normally the "camera" is located. I've checked the ribbon cables in the back of the transmitter at the output module and everything seems right.
Hi Jace, did u find the solution? I also buy a new P4, and have the same exactly problem.
I tried with iPad3 and Samsung J5 - 2016, now i will try with iPhone 5s.

Anyone know something to help?

Unfortunately no. I sent the transmitter back to DJI. Once they received it it was less than 2 days and it was on its way back. Not sure if DJI will give you a report on what was wrong and the fix.

Could be the ribbon cable that connects the main board on the controller (inside) to the comm board on the back (the USB one). I've damaged a couple already doing Tx mods (antennas) for friends, and you have to replace it if it's broken or cut or even scratched.

It may be only disconnected from one of the serial ports (main or comm boards). In that case you can put it back yourself. If you're a tech head or feel comfortable opening electronics you could easily check it out before sending back to DJI. It's a bit of a pain to connect the ribbon to the ports as it's slightly short and delicate, but it's doable with a bit of patience.

Just make sure to test it out with the USB + tablet before closing the Tx, that's easier if you unscrew the comm board from the Tx and just connect everything to switch the controller on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers