P3S motor cover moving up

Reaction score
had a good flight, after landing, go to take off again & the bird flips over. one prop not spinning. I spun the props by hand & it seemed a little tight compared to the other 3. in playing with it, I squeezed the grey cover down into the arm & it clicked in & then it worked ok. I'm worried about it happening again or in flight. has anyone ever seen this before?

Welcome to the Forum!

Grey cover?
The motor shell?

Rod

I got what you mean. The grey metal "hubcap" or "rim" looking part that covers the coils inside the motor? I didn't even realize that was a separate piece.

I'd say it must have popped off when you flipped, but you're thinking it was the cause of the flip. I've got no advice to give, but it's certainly interesting.

I got what you mean. The grey metal "hubcap" or "rim" looking part that covers the coils inside the motor? I didn't even realize that was a separate piece.

I'd say it must have popped off when you flipped, but you're thinking it was the cause of the flip. I've got no advice to give, but it's certainly interesting.

I'm thinking it was popped up from the landing(?) maybe. It was a pretty smooth landing. When I went to take off, the prop wasn't spinning free like the other 3 & that made it flip

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.