P3S and Litchi - waypoints and timed photos

Reaction score
I’ve had Litchi for a few years but haven’t used it much. This summer, however, I dusted it off to try several waypoint missions over a lake. I wanted to get some -90° down photos to build a panorama showing the shallow spots. I was trying to use timed photos between waypoints rather than setting a waypoint for each shot. No joy.

On each mission the Phantom followed the waypoints perfectly but did not take any pictures. I made sure there were no curves between waypoints, and tried whatever I could think of, but photos never seem to initialize. It was setup for photos every 7 seconds. Nothing.

Any tips would be gratefully received.

I'm not 100% sure about this. I think we have to take it off the single photo mode and select something like timed photos.

Reactions: Huttcraft
^^ I think this is right in terms of how to get it to work right with Litchti. There was an update (Either on phantoms or the app itself) that changed how taking photos via waypoints worked and the time photo deal fixed it , vs setting single photo mode.

I’ve had Litchi for a few years but haven’t used it much. This summer, however, I dusted it off to try several waypoint missions over a lake. I wanted to get some -90° down photos to build a panorama showing the shallow spots. I was trying to use timed photos between waypoints rather than setting a waypoint for each shot. No joy.

On each mission the Phantom followed the waypoints perfectly but did not take any pictures. I made sure there were no curves between waypoints, and tried whatever I could think of, but photos never seem to initialize. It was setup for photos every 7 seconds. Nothing.

Any tips would be gratefully received.
I had the same problem and decided to sell my weak "mamma's boy" P3 and get a P4P v2.0. Now Litchi does everything perfectly and not a single hiccup, ever. Moving to the P4P was the best thing I ever did since I learned how to spell DJI.

Bone4Drone, Reading your shocking blasphemous words about the venerable Phantom3, I am left with no option but to challenge you to a gentlemanly contest of fisticuffs, during which I fully intend to defend the honor of the P3, and all her adherents.

Meet me behind the junkyard over on State Street in two hours from now, and may the best man win.

I had the same problem and decided to sell my weak "mamma's boy" P3 and get a P4P v2.0. Now Litchi does everything perfectly and not a single hiccup, ever. Moving to the P4P was the best thing I ever did since I learned how to spell DJI.
that's a great idea

Bone4Drone, Reading your shocking blasphemous words about the venerable Phantom3, I am left with no option but to challenge you to a gentlemanly contest of fisticuffs, during which I fully intend to defend the honor of the P3, and all her adherents.

Meet me behind the junkyard over on State Street in two hours from now, and may the best man win.
OK, but can I bring my mamma? She patches up all my cuts and broken bones. She keeps a pair of brass knuckles in her purse if I start losing too badly...

Reactions: Billie Nelson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers