Waypoints At Specific Distances?

Reaction score
Dose anyone know a app or software that would allow me to do the following.

1) Draw a straight path or curved path

2) Set waypoints along set bath (10, 20, 30, etc)

3) Have waypoints evenly spaced automatically or by setting (ie 10ft, 15ft, 50ft)

4) Set photo actions at each waypoint.

I have Litchi and I can set up a waypoint mission, but there is no way to evenly space the waypoints that I can see. Think of this as panorama but instead of the drone yawing its moving along the path.

In Litchi hit the Wrench Icon when in Waypoint mode, you will see a Pencil. With that you can draw a freehand path, it will then ask how many waypoints and give you a distance between. You can then set actions at each waypoint.

Reactions: Moromortimer
Here's what it looks like
1524672936194.png

Reactions: BigAl07
Actually, I just tried this on my app (iOS / iPhone 7 Plus) and its only giving me the following options:

Altitude
Speed: Use Cruising Speed
Cuve Size
Heading
Rotation
Point Of Interest
Gimbal Pitch Mode
Actions

I dont see the waypoint spacing that is shown in your screen capture

IMG_3805 copy.jpg

Another way is to create a mission as normal, then tap on the first way point, then hit "add another way point" (or something similar) it will then create equal spacing for you, just get rid any other waypoints in between them [emoji4]

Reactions: Vegas_Sirk
Actually, I just tried this on my app (iOS / iPhone 7 Plus) and its only giving me the following options:

Altitude
Speed: Use Cruising Speed
Cuve Size
Heading
Rotation
Point Of Interest
Gimbal Pitch Mode
Actions

I dont see the waypoint spacing that is shown in your screen capture

View attachment 98140
That menu is scrollable, scroll up, it is the very first line.

Another way is to create a mission as normal, then tap on the first way point, then hit "add another way point" (or something similar) it will then create equal spacing for you, just get rid any other waypoints in between them [emoji4]

This works but its a lot of work if I'm trying to add 50+ points

This method works but will just add a waypoint at the midpoint of the two, they don't have an option for how many you would like to add, this would be a good update Litchi should make, that way you can make a straight line instead of a hand drawn line.

Reactions: Vegas_Sirk
Altitude is the very first line I have, mine isn't showing the waypoint spacing.
Weird, what version of the app are you running? If an old version try updating it, this has been there for quite some time.

Weird, what version of the app are you running? If an old version try updating it, this has been there for quite some time.

Says 1.19.0 under the settings. On iOS 11 and using iPhone 7 Plus as well as iPad Air (same thing on both). Are you on Android? as maybe it's an Android only feature? but that would be weird.

Another method you could try is using the Litchi Mission Hub, they don't have the drawing tools there like on the mobile app so you would have to use the method Neon Uec mentioned above, just add your start and end point and keep subdividing in half.

Says 1.19.0 under the settings. On iOS 11 and using iPhone 7 Plus as well as iPad Air (same thing on both). Are you on Android? as maybe it's an Android only feature? but that would be weird.
I am on Android currently it is there on my CrystalSky and my Google Pixel phone. I don't have my iPad with me to see if it is on there or not, I'll check this evening when I get back to the shop.

The latest version is 2.2, you may want to update it.

Another method you could try is using the Litchi Mission Hub, they don't have the drawing tools there like on the mobile app so you would have to use the method Neon Uec mentioned above, just add your start and end point and keep subdividing in half.

Are you on Android? Also mind sharing what app version your using?

Last edited:
As an aside I’d be interested in seeing the results of this project. I have had this idea too to create a pano without the bending distortion that comes with rotating the camera from a fixed point.

The one problem you could end up with though, depending on the scene, is parallax distortion where the relationship of things in the foreground changes with things in the background.

I tried this once and had some things repeating in the background when stitched.

Interested to see how you make out.

I checked on my iPhone which has the latest version of Litchi and the spacing option is not there. Must be android only.

So Litchi replied to me and said this on Android Only and that it will one day make it to iOS (but its not a big priority).

Can anyone recommend a cheap Android device that I could use for this only?

So Litchi replied to me and said this on Android Only and that it will one day make it to iOS (but its not a big priority).

Can anyone recommend a cheap Android device that I could use for this only?
Is it really worth it? For stitching panoramas you want about a third overlap in your photos but I don’t think you need to be that precise about it. I think you can get it close enough by hand. The stitching software will do the rest.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1