Waypoints At Specific Distances?

So Litchi replied to me and said this on Android Only and that it will one day make it to iOS (but its not a big priority).

Can anyone recommend a cheap Android device that I could use for this only?
Well that seems like it would be an easy implementation, I'm surprised they haven't done it yet.
As far as inexpensive but decent tablets go The Huawei Mediapad T3 would work and for about $40 more the Huawei Mediapad M3 is even better.

In Litchi hit the Wrench Icon when in Waypoint mode, you will see a Pencil. With that you can draw a freehand path, it will then ask how many waypoints and give you a distance between. You can then set actions at each waypoint.

Sorry to hitch this thread, but I use Litchi on my iPad all the time - I've created many waypoint missions - but I can't get the "Action" to work at all. I can put them in on the Mission Hub, but when I run the actual mission, it flies the mission fine, but does not do any of these things I've tried:

* Stay for: 2.0 S
* Stop Recording
* Take Photo
* Start Recording

It just keeps recording the whole mission (no photos or pauses). I've tried this on both my P3A and my Mavic, but the Actions don't appear to work.

I'm running App Version 2.2 on my iPad.

I just noticed something, it says "disabled with Curved Turns". I AM using curved turns for the video portion. I will try it without curved turns and see if that changes anything. Not sure what curved turns have to do with whether "Actions" will work or not.

Sorry to hitch this thread, but I use Litchi on my iPad all the time - I've created many waypoint missions - but I can't get the "Action" to work at all. I can put them in on the Mission Hub, but when I run the actual mission, it flies the mission fine, but does not do any of these things I've tried:

* Stop Recording
* Take Photo
* Start Recording

It just keeps recording the whole mission (no photos or pauses). I've tried this on both my P3A and my Mavic, but the Actions don't appear to work.

I'm running App Version 2.2 on my iPad.

I just noticed something, it says "disabled with Curved Turns". I AM using curved turns for the video portion. I will try it without curved turns and see if that changes anything. Not sure what curved turns have to do with whether "Actions" will work or not.
Actions don’t work with curved turns as the message says. When curving near a waypoint bit never actually reaches the waypoint so won’t stop nor execute an action.

Reactions: jimlips
That is correct the flight path needs to be straight to perform actions.

Reactions: jimlips
Just a followup, I set "Path Mode" to "Straight Lines", and now everything (stop recording, take photo, start recording, pause, etc) all work great! Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: ryantrax
Just a followup, I set "Path Mode" to "Straight Lines", and now everything (stop recording, take photo, start recording, pause, etc) all work great! Thanks for the tip.
Nice! Fly safe!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1