P2v+ not working

Reaction score
Code:

Hi. Can anyone help. I unpacked my new v2+ this morning. Charged everything up.
Took it outside and did all the compass calibration. Took off. Tried the gps hove by letting go of the sticks.

I then landed it. Took off again and cam back down to land. About a foot off the ground it listed to the side and fell. Hitting two of the propellers into ground. When I picked it up. The iPhone had the phantom broken message and now it won't power up. If I put the battery on the side all 4 lights stay lit. As soon as I plug the drone in. It switches itself off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've only flown it for about ten seconds.

Thanks.

Sometimes one of the cables into the gimbal will be loosened in a minor bump, make sure all connectors are fully home with minimal movement.
Although the gimbal is noted for being easily damaged, the quad itself is fairly robust and a tip-over landing shouldn't bother it unless very unlucky.

Hi Stuart and welcome to the forum,

If the unit switches off after you turn it on, then it may be one of the ESC's that is faulty, hence the list to one side before stopping, if the unit is new then its a warranty return, if not then you need to post here to see if someone is local who can fix it for you.

Or it could be some dirt has gotten into the battery connection, try cleaning the contacts.

Thanks for the replies. It's brand new. 1st outing today. I'll check both suggestions tomorrow.
I figured it must be something quite simple as it must be more robust than that.

If it was an esc or something in the gimbal. Would it most still switch on, just not do anything.

Stuart carpenter said:
Code:

Hi. Can anyone help. I unpacked my new v2+ this morning. Charged everything up.
Took it outside and did all the compass calibration. Took off. Tried the gps hove by letting go of the sticks.

I then landed it. Took off again and cam back down to land. About a foot off the ground it listed to the side and fell. Hitting two of the propellers into ground. When I picked it up. The iPhone had the phantom broken message and now it won't power up. If I put the battery on the side all 4 lights stay lit. As soon as I plug the drone in. It switches itself off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've only flown it for about ten seconds.

Thanks.

Could be the smart battery leads, that plugs is notorious for breaking off the board.

Sounds like something has shorted out when it landed. As others have said, quite often, one of the ESCs can fail short circuit. This will need investigating and repairing before your bird will fly again.

The tip over on landing was probably uneven ground effect - where the wash from your quad comes back up and unbalances the machine. This is usually due to breezy conditions, but can happen in still air as well. Your options to avoid this include hand catching - which I personally don't like, but many people do this, or learning to land into wind, on a slight glide slope. It takes some practice, but is very satisfying when you get it right. I can land mine into the wind on quite breezy days and have never tipped it on landing.

As you have learned, there are 2 certainties in life, death and taxes. If you fly any radio controlled aircraft, this increases to 3 - crashing!! everybody does it sooner or later and it is never pretty and only occasionally cheap. Please don't let this put you off though, it's part of the experience.

Thanks. How do I find a repair shop to get it fixed? To be honest. If it's that fragile. I'm
Really not happy to keep it. I expected it to be a bit more resilient than that.

perhaps you should sell it then. These things are indeed pretty delicate, especially the camera and gimbal.

Best of luck to you.

Camera and him all isn't the problem. They are protected by the frame to a certain degree. But for the whole thing to stop, because it toppled over is a bit ridiculous.

I have owned 2 v2+s the first one fell 60' hitting every branch in a cypress tree. The camera was shot but I was able to put the battery and propeller s back on and fly home. It still works and use it to teach others to fly. It is tough but like anything else electronic it only takes one time.

Stuart carpenter said:
Thanks. How do I find a repair shop to get it fixed? To be honest. If it's that fragile. I'm
Really not happy to keep it. I expected it to be a bit more resilient than that.

There are 2 of us that I can strongly recommend and it depends on what side of the US you are on. :D

Stuart carpenter said:
Thanks. But I'm in the uk.

so?
if you lived in NY and had to send it to CA it would be the same as sending it from UK to NY :D

let us know if you need any help, i am in US and get them from all over the world (UK, AU, Scotland,..) and so does burlbark.

Tx, good point. There's a couple of dealers in uk I've emailed that I can take it to.
If you can pm me details of where to send it. I'll happily send it wherever if it comes back working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan