Nvidia Shield + FPV

Reaction score
I have just pulled the trigger on a Nvidia Shield tablet to use with my P4 and noticed that the tablet has a mini HDMI out port. I know that I'm getting ahead of myself having only completed a few flights with my P4 so far, but I'm thinking about the future...Does anyone know whether I can use this in conjunction with FPV goggles, bypassing the need for the DJI HDMI module?

Yes. However, you'll see exactly what's displayed on the tablet.

FYI, the following video shows the view that most FPV goggles display:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: KennyN
Thank you for the swift reply. I'm a little confused, does the DJI module provide a different view from that displayed on the tablet?

Yes -- it provides the view as seen above. The HDMI out on the Nvidia Shield K1 outputs the video that is seen on its screen.

Perfect, thank you. Now I understand the benefits of the DJI HDMI module, their website was a bit vague!

I have just pulled the trigger on a Nvidia Shield tablet to use with my P4 and noticed that the tablet has a mini HDMI out port. I know that I'm getting ahead of myself having only completed a few flights with my P4 so far, but I'm thinking about the future...Does anyone know whether I can use this in conjunction with FPV goggles, bypassing the need for the DJI HDMI module?
Yes i have the same tablet, i can use my Dominators v2 or my Headplays HD, you can use the tablet and gooes at the same time, you can fly with the tablet and somebodyelse can enjoy the flight with the googles.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: KennyN

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.