No more limits. Do not do it.

Reactions: Fplvert
I don't think it's a bug. Just an inadvertent feature. In earlier versions of the Phantom, you had no control over the aircraft when it's in RTH mode and some people saw their Phantom attempt RTH right through a tree. Later versions of the firmware gave the user throttle authority so that you could raise the bird over an obstacle you hadn't expected.
Basically agree, but I don't think throttle operation during RTH doesn't have to be excluded from 500ft limit... unless 510ft hazard is between bird and operator. ;-)

edit - and the operator can see 510ft in sight. :)

Last edited:
Just sharing info from Russian web sites.

Wanna go higher than 500 meters? Send your quad as far as possible and press RTH, while it is coming back push your left stick up... and technically that is it. It will stop going up only reaching the home point coordinates. Wanna break your quad or attract attention of FAA or cops. Follow my advises.

this is nice!

Seems people don't know what the search function is for, that's why we keep re-inventing the wheel around here. I have stopped reading a lot of threads simple because the title makes me think, Here we go again!
Yep. I only read about half the listed threads on a page now. I just skim over the many-answered ones and cherry-pick the good stuff.

These people that do these things have bigger guts than I ever will while using my $1200 aircraft. I guess that might be chump change for some. Definitely not for me.

Seems people don't know what the search function is for, that's why we keep re-inventing the wheel around here. I have stopped reading a lot of threads simple because the title makes me think, Here we go again!
My only point is that this post does not release some new "secret". So it really causes no harm.

I'd like to know more about the antenna reflector used in the video. I did a Google search and found some others, but I like the looks of the one in the video better. Is it something that can be purchased?

Thoughts:
It looks as if the ascent rate is about 1m/s doing this. Slower than normal ascent.
Being directly underneath the bird doesn't usually give the best signal so having this reflective antenna setup -or- setting the home point 100+ meters horizontally away from the actual pilot position would help compensate.

I have done this to work my way up the side of a mountain. It works... But it's a pain. I was probably only about 200' AGL the whole time. [emoji6] And it's not just the vertical you can fight - you can fly the opposite direction of the home point, yaw as well. You get about half the speed, but it works when needed.

Disclaimer - (because I should) Don't attempt this in wide open spaces where your above ground level will put anyone or anything in any kind of danger or you risk having your pee pee slapped by the men in black. And if you do try it, don't post it on YouTube.

I am not Sergei. Just sharing. He is in Russia - tvc.kz is my website in Kazakhstan. I am in great country of glory, he is just in Russia.
roflmao2.gif

Reactions: Marlin009
Respect for the guts and the self control.. I would have freaked out. However next time I will take a plane flying above Russia I will definitely book a back seat close to the toilets forget the business class..

These people that do these things have bigger guts than I ever will while using my $1200 aircraft. I guess that might be chump change for some. Definitely not for me.

I'm with you bro.

I feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette with mine every time I send it up with firmware 1.2.6.

Sending it to 1/2 mile alt is nothing compared to flying at 400 ft with current firmware (obviously the Ruskies weren't having the problems with it that 55% of the rest of us are.)

Fall from 40 ft or fall from 2,400 ft...smashed is smashed.

Just sharing info from Russian web sites.

Wanna go higher than 500 meters? Send your quad as far as possible and press RTH, while it is coming back push your left stick up... and technically that is it. It will stop going up only reaching the home point coordinates. Wanna break your quad or attract attention of FAA or cops. Follow my advises.

So coooolll

Where did you buy this upgrade for this antenna????????

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl