New Phantom 4 Backpack

Im interested in a backpack too.

Here is a review on the droneguard bp 450 aw Lowepro doubles down on Drones with the DroneGuard BP 450 AW

I am worried its a bit to big and bulky, and most of the time ill just be pulling up at of my car and walking less than 50 meters to a park bench.... but it does look robust and they mention in the review to get this over the go pro one (which is similar to the chinese ebay foam ones)

I ordered one of those last week - should be arriving tomorrow. I wanted one that would be good for longer hikes, and my GPC is not great for that. I'll report back.

My LowePro 450 arrived yesterday. I wasn't expecting it until Monday. The P4 fits nicely. Very secure and easy to customize the interior. There's another thread called Show Off Your Pack (something like that) that I wrote a little review in. I like it so far. Very short review period though. Here's what it looks like.

52DEBC9E-5F62-42B1-9C40-C0CCBDC40E73_zpsg8smwtii.jpeg

E27165D7-B7EE-48B9-BA0A-98E96CDBD6DE_zps1bnnmubz.jpeg

C8E3E56D-0251-49AA-A9A3-164FCD275995_zpshl6apayv.jpeg

Bob

Last edited:
I'm loving this case.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ToastyPizza
My LowePro 450 arrived yesterday. I wasn't expecting it until Monday. The P4 fits nicely. Very secure and easy to customize the interior. There's another thread called Show Off Your Pack (something like that) that I wrote a little review in. I like it so far. Very short review period though. Here's what it looks like.

52DEBC9E-5F62-42B1-9C40-C0CCBDC40E73_zpsg8smwtii.jpeg

E27165D7-B7EE-48B9-BA0A-98E96CDBD6DE_zps1bnnmubz.jpeg

C8E3E56D-0251-49AA-A9A3-164FCD275995_zpshl6apayv.jpeg

Bob
Wow Bob, I love it! Looks soooo slick!

I reallllly want that LowePro.

Reactions: AMC724
Here is some creativity

The Phantom 4 cooler backpack ;) DJI should have left an area for ice and beer lol. Pretty good mod though. Don't Drink and Drone :D

Last edited:
What critical comments for this one?

I'll wait till a custom foam backpack comes out. 3DR makes the nicest backpack. I wish DJI would follow suit

I camped and rode my ATV looking for elk this weekend. Unfortunaly every time I found a bunch of elk it was either sleeting, snowing or blowing too hard. I put the all weather cover over the pack and rode for about an hour and a half with zero moisture inside. I really like this LowePro AW450 pack so far.

Bob

Reactions: adambfarmer
In my opinion, a Hardshell backpack similar to the DJI Phantom 3 backpack is needed with some improvements like feet that don't separate, a slot for a full size tablet and 4 batteries, which can hold the P4, controller, 2 sets of props, charger and cable and accessories, I prefer a polyethelene foam insert instead of esther foam since after awhile it starts to disintegrate,

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: QuadBart
In my opinion, a Hardshell backpack similar to the DJI Phantom 3 backpack is needed with some improvements like feet that don't separate, a slot for a full size tablet and 4 batteries, which can hold the P4, controller, 2 sets of props, charger and cable and accessories, I prefer a polyethelene foam insert instead of esther foam since after awhile it starts to disintegrate,

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Agreed. A small accessories compartment would be nice so they aren't floating around the backpack when you open it up. The DJI hardshell backpack is still one of my favorites but it needs more room inside.

Agreed. A small accessories compartment would be nice so they aren't floating around the backpack when you open it up. The DJI hardshell backpack is still one of my favorites but it needs more room inside.
Dronecrates P4 backpack has tons of room, you could even put a macbook or ipad air inside as well as 2 camelback hydration bladders. I had the Dronecrates P3 backpack and it was awesome to have all my stuff fit in one place. It has super strong zippers and is made from 600d polyester. The waist strap is detachable and the padding on the back is awesome. The main problem for me with the only other water jet cut foam backpack manufacturer I know of (GoProfessional), is that the backpack (Go Professional Limited Edition utilizing the 5.11 Rush 72 Bug Out Bag) was too tight around my neck and shoulder area. Also the waist strap was too high and was not detachable (can fold back). The main drawback is the "Shove It" pocket, it is a pain for the purpose Go Professional has used it for (to carry your drone)

DJI Phantom 4 Backpack

...loving the thinktank helipack - great fit, seems as protective as a soft case can be, incredibly comfortable carry, has room for three batteries and tons of knick-knacks inside as well as outside slot for iPad or laptop - have used them for my photo gear for years and they do the carrying thing extremely well.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 558
Im interested in a backpack too.

Here is a review on the droneguard bp 450 aw Lowepro doubles down on Drones with the DroneGuard BP 450 AW

I am worried its a bit to big and bulky, and most of the time ill just be pulling up at of my car and walking less than 50 meters to a park bench.... but it does look robust and they mention in the review to get this over the go pro one (which is similar to the chinese ebay foam ones)

I bought the BP 450 two weeks ago. Works great. A tad large but great protection and tons of storage.

If u buy on the Lowepro website and sign up for periodic email u get 15% off the price (around $35).

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I chose original dji phantom 3 backpack - for 118EURO and made some small adjustments and my P4 is fits perfectly. Protect level = perfect. You can sit on backpack if you want :) I attached some photos..

46929-5a4923be10f4fe78ef3c9e053617e29c.jpg
46930-a5e8541ced6e002839340698bb335fd0.jpg
46931-dda80055b0d3cfc2b08dc61bd6f370ad.jpg

Can you take pictures of what you altered :) so we can see how to replicate your fine work!

Reactions: BigPig

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers